Jalapeño-Cheddar Beef Mac w/ Caramelized Red Onion Corn Muffins. Cheddar- and jalapeño-flecked cornbread muffins are all too easy to love. The simple corn muffin is a beautiful thing. You can serve this make-ahead marvel as a side dish and then eat any leftovers for a quick breakfast.
Skillet Brats with Beer Caramelized Peppers and Onions. In bowl prepare muffin mix according to directions on box. Stir in corn, jalapenos and cheese. You can have Jalapeño-Cheddar Beef Mac w/ Caramelized Red Onion Corn Muffins using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jalapeño-Cheddar Beef Mac w/ Caramelized Red Onion Corn Muffins
- It’s of macaroni noodles.
- Prepare of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of butter.
- You need of flour.
- Prepare of milk.
- You need of roasted red bell pepper.
- You need of sugar.
- You need of jalapeños; small dice.
- Prepare of red onion; small dice.
- It’s of sweet corn.
- You need of ground beef.
- Prepare of smoked paprika.
- It’s of onion powder.
- It’s of cumin.
- It’s of garlic powder.
- You need of Jiffy corn mix.
- You need of egg.
- It’s of milk.
- You need of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- You need of kosher salt & black pepper.
Categories: American Southern Recipes Muffin Cornbread Cheddar Corn Recipes Jalapeno Recipes Gluten Free. These delicious, cheesy little corn muffins are loaded with kicks of bacon, jalapeno, and onion. Really good with chili or finger food for a game day party snack board. These are my Jalapeño Cheddar Corn Muffins that I added even more jalapeño goodness to – Jalapeño Butter.
Jalapeño-Cheddar Beef Mac w/ Caramelized Red Onion Corn Muffins instructions
- Cook noodles until al dente in boiling, salted water. Drain. Drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil or melted butter over the noodles..
- Heat a medium sized saucepot with no oil or butter. Add ground beef. Season with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, cumin, onion powder, and garlic powder..
- Lay jalapeños and half the onions atop beef. Cook both sides over high heat until browned..
- Add diced tomatoes. Stir. Cook 2 minutes. Add corn and fold in..
- Melt 4 T butter in a seperate saucepot. When butter begins to slightly bubble, add flour slowly while whisking. Cook 1 minute. Add milk while whisking. Continue to whisk and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes until mixture reduces slightly..
- Puree roasted bell pepper with a pinch of salt, sugar, and enough olive oil just for a smooth consistency, about a tablespoon..
- Add bell pepper puree and cheese slowly while whisking. Cook 2 minutes..
- Combine cheese sauce, beef, and noodles. Stir together..
- For corn muffins, pour enough vegetable oil to cover the bottom of a small saute pan. Add remaining onions and a pinch of salt and sugar. Cook on high heat for 1 minute, then reduce to low heat and cook until caramelized, about 10 minutes. Follow instructions for Jiffy corn muffins and fold in caramelized onions..
- Variations; Bell peppers, poblano, ancho, habanero, bacon, paprika, smoked cumin, cayenne, crushed pepper flakes, coriander, zucchini, yellow squash, scallions, chives, spinach, arugula, asiago, fontina, gruyere, parmesean, romano, heavy cream, chihuahua cheese, chili powder, serrano, chipotle, garlic, shallots, pearl onion, piquillo peppers, avocado, coconut, butternut squash.
In a separate bowl whisk together buttermilk, oil, and egg and pour into flour mixture, stirring until moist. Add half of the diced jalapeños and cheddar, combine. Serve these corn muffins with chili or other Southwestern meal. Mix flour, cornmeal, sugar, jalapeño peppers, baking powder, Seasoning and salt in large bowl. Chopped jalapeño adds a little kick to this delicious cornbread muffin recipe.