Banana Bread. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour. When life gives you bananas, it's time to make banana bread. You can cook Banana Bread using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Banana Bread
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of mashed bananas.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of butter.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 cup of flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 3/4 cup of chopped pecans(optional).
Bake bananas into sweet loaves of goodness, with nuts, chocolate, or plain and delicious. Store overly-ripe bananas in the freezer until you have enough to make bread. Cut up thick slices of the bread and freeze them for a lunch box treat or for an on-the-go breakfast, toasted and spread with peanut or almond butter. Banana Bread Tips How do I quickly ripen bananas?
Banana Bread step by step
- preheat oven to 350°F.
- in a large bowl cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- beat I mashed bananas and eggs.
- in a seperate bowl combine flour, baking soda, and baking powder..
- add flour mixture to banana mixture alternatly with the buttermilk starting and ending with the flour mixture.
- stir in chopped nuts if desired..
- place in greased loaf pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- this recipie also works great as muffins to make them muffins simply fill lined muffin cups 2/3 full and only bake for 20 minutes.
- cool loaf or muffins in the pan for 10 minutes then remove to wire rack to cool completly.
When baking with bananas, use ones that are ripe (or even overripe) to yield the best flavor. If you have a day or two to spare, place bananas and an apple, avocado, peach or tomato in a brown paper bag and keep on your counter. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together banana, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. The best bananas to use for banana bread are those that are over-ripe.