Banana Muffins. Mash bananas in a large bowl. Mix in white sugar, melted butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract. Fold in flour mixture until just combined.
Add egg, oil and vanilla; mix well. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Whisk the banana, oil, milk, eggs, salt, and vanilla in a large measuring cup with a spout or another bowl. You can have Banana Muffins using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Banana Muffins
- Prepare 200 g of plain flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- Prepare 4 of bananas.
- It’s 150 g of caster sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 75 g of melted unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cardamom.
- It’s 1/4 cup of nut and dark chocolate chips mix (optional).
- It’s 12 of walnut pieces for topping each muffin.
Make a small well in the center of the dry ingredients. Muffins will spring back when lightly tapped. These Banana Muffins are super easy to make, loaded with bananas and sprinkled with buttery crumb topping! I love these so much because they always turn out perfectly.
Banana Muffins step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180 C..
- Sift flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda together into a bowl, set aside..
- Melt the butter in a pan. Meanwhile, mash the bananas in a bowl. Add cinnamon, ground cardamom, caster sugar, melted butter and the egg to the bananas and mash together.
- Add in the flour mixture to the mash, and mix until smooth. Then mix in nut and dark chocolate chips mix..
- With a spoon, put the mixture into a muffin tin with paper baking cases inside..
- Place a walnut on top of each muffin..
- Put the muffins into the oven for 25 minutes. Then check if they're done by poking one of the muffins with a toothpick. If it is dry, the muffins are ready. If not, put them back in the oven for another 5 minutes, and you're done!.
They're perfect to make over the weekend, and then you can grab them for a quick breakfast throughout the week! Add sugar and slightly beaten egg. These banana muffins are soft, buttery, and spiced with cinnamon. They're wonderful plain, with chopped walnuts, or even chocolate chips. Banana bread is wonderful, but muffins are quicker, more convenient, easily portable, and taste just as good.