Chocolate brownies. A chocolate brownie or simply a brownie is a square or rectangular chocolate baked confection. Brownies come in a variety of forms and may be either fudgy or cakey, depending on their density. They may include nuts, frosting, cream cheese, chocolate chips, or other ingredients.
For a well-balanced brownie, don't forget the salt. Chocolate brownies are meant to be gooey in the middle and this simple chocolate brownies recipe tells you exactly when it's time to take the brownies out of the oven to make them just right. An easy chocolate brownie recipe that's simple to make and tastes fantastic. You can cook Chocolate brownies using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate brownies
- You need 200 grams of butter.
- Prepare 200 grams of chocolate.
- Prepare 250 grams of sugar (demerara if poss).
- You need 3 of eggs.
- It’s 85 grams of all-purpose flour OR.
- Prepare 50 grams of cornflour.
- It’s 50 grams of cocoa powder.
It's everything you want in a brownie – fudgy, dark and chocolatey. Brownies have so much going for them; great flavor, easy to make, and so versatile. The simplest brownies are made with just melted. There's nothing wrong with being a purist, especially when it comes to your brownies.
Chocolate brownies instructions
- Melt together the butter and the chocolate, this can be done either on a double boiler or in the microwave – stir often to stop burning. Once complete set aside to cool..
- In a seperate bowl beat together the sugar and eggs until light and fluffy – its hard work but totally worth it..
- Once the chocolate mixture is coolish, combine with the egg and sugar mix. Beware – if the chocolate is too hot it will start to cook the eggs :(.
- If using cornflour: Add a little water to the cornflour to make into a paste.
- Add the flour/cornflour and cocoa to the mixture and stir gently until its all combined..
- Pour into a baking tray (30x15cm / 12x6inch). If the tray is a different size don't worry, you will just have fatter/thinner brownies..
- Bake at 180°C/350F for about 40 minutes. Check after 30 mins and then every 5 mins after until they look cooked..
The fudgiest chocolate brownies you've ever made PLUS they only require a few pantry staples and one bowl to make? After testing many, MANY (and I mean MANY). No need for fancy gluten-free flours. These brownies are dense and fudgy, deep-dish, and decadent with a high fat (butter & chocolate) to flour ratio. Espresso powder and an infusion cardamom seeds lends a Turkish coffee flavor profile.