Caribbean Banana Bread. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda with salt in a separate bowl, stir well. Next add flour mixture to creamed mixture. alternating with the banana mixture, mix. Making it with all the great flavors associated with Caribbean's lime zest, rum, pecans and nutmeg.
I also like a thick slab with a generous layer of butter. I know it's terribly decadent but we all plan on carrying a little winter weight for the next couple of months so why not give it a try, just the once. It took me some time to perfect this recipe. You can cook Caribbean Banana Bread using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Caribbean Banana Bread
- Prepare 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 pinch of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of oil.
- Prepare 2 large of eggs.
- It’s 4 medium of over ripe bananas.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of shredded coconut.
- It’s 1/4 of chopped walnuts.
In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until smooth. Banana bread is eaten in many countries, of course. But it is especially popular in the Caribbean, particularly in Aruba, Jamaica and the Bahamas. Serve slices with dollop of whipped cream and a cup of coffee or hot tea.
Caribbean Banana Bread instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix the flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Combine mashed bananas, sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla in a mixer or by hand.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Gently fold in coconut and walnuts..
- Spray a loaf pan. Add mixture, top with walnuts if you like. Bake for 50 mins or until tooth is clean.
Also great for breakfast or as a snack for kids. There seems to be a million ways to make banana bread in the Caribbean, with some people even adding rum to their banana bread. Bananas with dark mushy spots are perfect. In fact, the best banana bread recipe uses overripe bananas that have fully developed sugars and a nice soft texture. It makes the bread very moist and brings out the full flavor of the bananas.