Banana Oatmeal Pancakes. Ingredients in Banana Oatmeal Pancakes These healthy pancakes are made with bananas, eggs, almond milk (or any milk), vanilla extract, gluten free old-fashioned rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. They're very fluffy, naturally sweet thanks to the ripe bananas. Banana Oatmeal Pancakes have become a staple in our home.
Combine the egg, milk, banana and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Banana Oatmeal Pancakes These pancakes have less sodium per serving than other pancakes made from mixes. Decrease sodium even further by stretching the mix with banana, oats and walnuts. You can cook Banana Oatmeal Pancakes using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
- Prepare 2 cups of rolled oats.
- You need 2 of medium bananas.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare Pinch of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter/oil.
In our house we just sprinkle these with a little confectioners' sugar, because the fruit is so sweet you don't need syrup. Place the oats in the bottom of a blender. Process a few times to grind, then add the mashed banana, Greek yogurt, milk, eggs, honey, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. (See notes to make this recipe in a food processor instead.) Combine rolled oats, ripe bananas, eggs, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a blender and blend until smooth and thick. Cook spoonfuls of the batter in a non-stick frying pan until golden brown on both sides and cooked through.
Banana Oatmeal Pancakes step by step
- Collect all ingredients for pancakes..
- Grind the oats using a food processor..
- Add remaining ingredients starting with milk, banana and ending with salt..
- Blend until smooth thicker mixture..
- Transfer in bowl. Heat large skillet over medium heat. Once pan is hot add butter or oil..
- Using a spoon or a ladle pour the pancakes mixture into the pan forming small pancakes..
- Cook pancakes on one side until edges begin to bubble. Using spatula gently flip and cook for 2 minutes..
- Fry until golden brown on the other side as well..
- Servings with your favourite toppings with maple syrup, jam, chocolate, cream, banana or any fruit..
Serve with maple syrup/honey and fresh fruit. This made the Banana Oatmeal Pancakes a bit similar to Banana Bread, in terms of taste and texture. They are super tasty, healthy and nourishing enough to fill you up with much-needed energy. Bananas make these healthy oatmeal pancakes taste a bit sweet. But if you have a massive sweet tooth, you could pour in some extra maple syrup or honey.