White Sandwich Bread – 1 Loaf. Keywords: bread, loaf, sandwich, white bread. Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction. This is the first time I have ever successfully made a loaf of bread.
This is the easiest bread recipe you'll ever make in your life. It requires very little active effort, just a few simple ingredients, and ya toss it in the. This loaf has a crisp crust and a tender, moist crumb. You can cook White Sandwich Bread – 1 Loaf using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of White Sandwich Bread – 1 Loaf
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of Warm Milk (around 110 F).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Honey.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 3 cup of Flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of Quick Rise Yeast.
It toasts very evenly and makes a good sandwich. What does a loaf of white sandwich bread make you think of? For me, these pillowy, slightly sweet loaves conjure PB&J sandwiches in wax paper, French toast on Saturday mornings, and picnics in the park. If you've been thinking of trying your hand at homemade sandwich bread, here's a great recipe.
White Sandwich Bread – 1 Loaf instructions
- Mix warm milk, honey, salt, softened butter and yeast in a bowl and let stand for 10 minutes to allow the yeast to activate.
- Mix in flour, one cup at a time, to the liquid until a dough forms that leaves the sides of the bowl clean..
- Knead the dough either with a dough hook in your mixer or on a floured surface for 5 to 8 minutes. The dough should be smooth and elastic, not sticky.You can add more flour if it's too sticky or more milk if too dry..
- Grease the inside of a large bowl with butter, place the dough in the bowl and then turn over so that it is lightly covered with butter. Cover the bowl with a dish towel or cloth and place it in a warm spot for around an hour. The dough should roughly double in size..
- Remove the dish towel from the bowl and punch down the dough to flatten and remove most of the air. Place the dough on a floured surface and press into a square roughly the same width as your bread pan. Tightly roll up the dough, jelly roll style, to form a log shaped loaf. Pinch the ends of the dough to seal..
- Grease a regular bread loaf pan with butter and put the log of dough into the pan. Cover the pan with the dish towel and return it to the warm spot for another 30 minutes..
- Remove the dish towel and bake the bread in the oven at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes. It is cooked when it sounds hollow when tapped..
- Once done, remove from the oven and dump the loaf out of the pan onto a wire rack to cool..
Sandwich bread (also referred to as sandwich loaf) is bread that is prepared specifically to be used for the preparation of sandwiches. Sandwich breads are produced in many varieties, such as white, whole wheat, sourdough, rye, multigrain and others. This soft and tender gluten free white sandwich bread bends and squishes. When the first edition of the very first Gluten Free on a Shoestring cookbook came out, I was downright terrified that someone would take it upon themselves to post this entire recipe online, without permission. This bread is simple to make and truly delicious.