Carrot Cake Pie. Carrot Cake Pie Two desserts in one! Carrot Cake Pie combines a pie crust with the flavors of carrot cake in blondie form. Perfect with the cream cheese whipped cream.
Place carrots in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Drain water, and mash carrots until smooth using a food processor, or potato ricer. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. You can cook Carrot Cake Pie using 21 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake Pie
- Prepare of Pie.
- It’s 1 (9 inch) of pie crust.
- You need of Dry ingredients.
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp. of Baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of Baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp. of Cinnamon.
- You need 1/8 tsp. of Ginger (powder).
- It’s of Wet ingredients.
- It’s 1/4 cup of melted butter.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar (brown if you have it).
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Vanilla.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded carrots (about 2 medium).
- Prepare of Topping.
- You need 4 ounces of cream cheese.
- It’s 1 of Tbl. Butter.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of Vanilla.
- You need 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of cold heavy whipping cream.
In small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt and nutmeg; set aside. After the carrots are smooth, mix in sugars, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, ginger, vanilla, half & half and flour until well combined. This is a wonderfully creamy frosting that goes well with pumpkin bread, carrot cake, chocolate cake, on cookies, or between cookies. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
Carrot Cake Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Make your pie crust 😉 Typically a regular pie crust is used, but the rebel I am made me go with graham this time. I think this was a great choice..
- Combine all the pie dry ingredients in a bowl (small to medium is fine).
- Mix the dry thoughly.
- In a larger bowl, cream the butter with the sugar.
- Add an egg and mix it in, don't over mix..
- Add your dry, to your wet, and mix thoroughly..
- Shred your carrots, this is the size I used, 2.
- I just used my food processor to shred them, gave me just a hair over 1 cup..
- Fold the carrots into the filling.
- Carefully place the filling in the crust, it's thick, even out without damaging your crust. Place in oven for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out with but a few crumbs..
- Let cool, then refrigerate. It's best to do the topping with it really cold..
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese and butter together.
- Add vanilla and sugar, mix.
- Add heavy cream.
- Mix until stiff.
- Now you can get fancy and use a pastry bag, and make rows, or, just spread out on top.
- This is a little on the sweet side, so smaller pieces are suggested..
In another large bowl with a hand mixer (or in the. Bake Cake Divide the batter between the prepared cake pans. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, beat the carrot cake mix, butter and eggs until incorporated. Stir in the raisins I love carrot cake, period.