Banana Bread. This banana bread is moist and delicious with loads of banana flavor! Friends and family love my recipe and say it's by far the best! Moist and delicious banana bread recipe.
Banana bread is a type of bread made from mashed bananas. It is often a moist, sweet, cake-like quick bread; however there are some banana bread recipes that are traditional-style raised breads. Banana bread first became a standard feature of American cookbooks with the popularization of. You can cook Banana Bread using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana Bread
- You need 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- It’s 3/4 cup of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sour cream / Greek yogurt.
- Prepare 2 cups of mashed bananas (about 4 large ripe bananas).
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
See how to make the best banana bread. Month after month, this banana bread recipe is the most viewed on Allrecipes. An hour of waiting while your. With its super-moist texture, buttery banana and brown sugar flavors, and incredibly soft crumb, this is the best ever banana bread recipe.
Banana Bread instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F/ 175°C. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray and set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside..
- In a large mixer bowl fitted with the whisk attachment, add the butter and brown sugar and beat together until light in color and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until just combined before adding the next..
- Add the sour cream / yogurt mashed bananas and vanilla extract and mix util combined. Add the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Do not over mix or you’ll end up with tough banana bread. Add the batter to the prepared pan and bake for 60-65 minutes. To test for doneness, a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf should come out clean..
- Remove loaf from the oven and allow to cool completely in the pan. Slice and serve when ready. Store the bread in an air tight container at room temperature for 3-5 days, or in the fridge for up to a week..
This banana bread was really good! I wish it had more banana flavor though (my bananas were This is my go-to banana bread recipe. It's easy to make and always a hit. This is an easy banana bread recipe that gives perfect results every time. Be sure to use really ripe bananas – the blacker the better.