Wholewheat dinner rolls. Easy and so good – with or without butter. Baking a batch of whole wheat rolls that are both SOFT and FLAVORFUL feels like winning the lottery. Or, at the very least, winning dinner time.
Easy to make whole wheat dinner rolls will be a hit at your next holiday party! Only one rise required so these freshly baked rolls will be a quick and simple Using a few culinary tricks, these dinner rolls will be a simple recipe that your guests will be dunking in gravy. A nutritional addition to any meal – whole wheat dinner rolls are easy to make and very tasty! You can cook Wholewheat dinner rolls using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Wholewheat dinner rolls
- You need 1 1/4 cups of warm water.
- You need 2 tablespoons of milk powder.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of oil.
- You need 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of molasses.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of white bread flour.
- You need 3 cups of nutty wheat (wholewheat) flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of bran.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds.
- Prepare 1 1/4 tablespoons of quick rise (machine) yeast.
This Whole wheat dinner rolls recipe will help you make soft and fluffy whole wheat dinner rolls in a simple and easy four step method. These dinner rolls have some wholewheat in them. I just like a little wheat in my rolls, but if you want plain dinner rolls you can substitute the wheat flour with white flour. Finally, this recipe is very simple.
Wholewheat dinner rolls instructions
- I've listed the ingredients according to my bread machine, however I believe different manufacturers may use a different order, so layer according to your machine instructions.
- DON'T leave the sugar out it helps with the raising process. If you feel it may be a bit sweet for you, rather cut down on the molasses. Set your machine to the dough cycle, and go read a book 😉. The machine does all the work..
- Once the cycle is complete, pop your dough onto a lightly floured surface and devide into 8. You can push it to 10 if needed. Form rolls by pulling the dough and pinching the excess at the bottom. Some folk then place rolls into a muffin tin, I just pop them onto a baking tray that has been lined with non-stick baking paper. Cover with a clean tea towel followed by a light hand towel. leave in a warm spot for approximately 25 minutes.
- Heat oven to 190 degrees Celsius (I think that's 374 Fahrenheit) once the oven is ready, bake the rolls for 20 minutes. They should be brown on top, and if you tap lightly on the bottom, sound hollow..
They're whole wheat, but not in a dry and unappetizing way. The flavor is so good in these rolls, it's really hard to just eat one. With that next family dinner right around the corner, I wanted to share with you a super amazing recipe: whole wheat dinner rolls, made in a. How long do Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls stay fresh? They make delicious lunches for me, filled with ham and.