Carrot Cake. Different from traditional carrot cakes, this cake is extremely moist and flavorful and is topped with a buttermilk glaze while still warm. Try it and I think you will agree that it is the best!! My fiance LOVES carrot cake, and yesterday was his birthday so I decided to look for a carrot cake recipe.
Says that it rivals his favorite carrot cake recipe. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. You can cook Carrot Cake using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake
- You need 2 cups of all purpose flour – sifted.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of nutmeg powder.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1.5 cups of granulated sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 (250 gms) of tin of sliced pineapple.
- It’s 3 cups of grated carrots.
- You need of frosting:.
- You need 100 gms of cream cheese.
- Prepare 2 slices of pineapple – crushed.
- It’s to taste of Powdered sugar.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Carrot cake is moist, rich in flavor and melts in your mouth!
Carrot Cake step by step
- Sift flour. Add in cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking powder and baking soda..
- Add in grated carrots and toss.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs with sugar, add in the oil and 1 cup of drained pineapple juice..
- Chop pineapple – you need 1 cup. Toss this into the dry mix..
- Pour in egg mixture into dry mix till no lumps. Don’t overmix!.
- For frosting, crush 2-3 pineapple slices. Add in cream cheese and one tablespoon of powdered sugar at a time till you each desired sweetness..
- Let Cake cool to room temp before spreading a thin layer of frosting on top..
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 180 until toothpick comes out clean!.
This scrumptious dessert is what everyone will be raving about! This truly is one of the best carrot cake recipes alone with whole wheat carrot cake bread, frosted carrot cake cookies or carrot cake cupcakes. All my carrot cake recipes are made with fresh carrots, the perfect blend of spices and a sweet, heavenly frosting! I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour. For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend.