Buttermilk Banana Bread. This easy Buttermilk Banana Bread Recipe always gets rave reviews! Some say it is the BEST banana bread recipe out there. If you have brown bananas and buttermilk to use up.
The perfect banana bread contains one special ingredient, buttermilk! It helps to produce this light, almost white, banana bread. The only thing I will change next time I make it is to reduce the amount of sugar. You can have Buttermilk Banana Bread using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Banana Bread
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar (I used half granulated, half brown).
- You need 2 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- It’s 1 cup of mashed banana (about 3 medium or 2 large).
- It’s 1/4 cup of buttermilk, at room temperature.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp. of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/8 tsp. of baking soda.
Moist and tender sweet bread full of ripe bananas and covered in chopped walnuts. Forget all the banana bread recipes you have tried before, the only one you need is this one. Truly the best, with an extraordinary moist texture. Buttermilk Banana Bread By Claire Ptak For the first five years of Violet, I resisted adding banana bread to the menu.
Buttermilk Banana Bread step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×5" loaf pan and set it aside..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Set it aside..
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat the butter until it is creamy, about 1 minute. Then beat in the sugar until it's nice and fluffy..
- Add the eggs, mashed banana, buttermilk and vanilla extract. Beat until combined..
- Next, add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined..
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center..
- Place the pan on a cooling rack. After about 15 minutes, gently run a knife around the edges to loosen the bread. Carefully remove it from the pan..
- Let it cool out of the pan on the wire rack. Once it's cool, slice and serve. Store any leftovers in an airtight container..
- For buttermilk banana muffins, fill greased muffin tins about 2/3 of the way full and bake @ 350°F for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean..
This is the best banana bread I've ever tasted. I got the recipe from the Vanderbilt Medical Student Mates. Give homemade banana bread a flavor and fiber boost with Fiber One® Honey Clusters® cereal. This easy Buttermilk Banana Bread is one of my oldest and most favorite recipes! It makes a super moist quick bread with a tender crumb and loads of banana flavor thanks to the addition of banana.