Carrot cake. Different from traditional carrot cakes, this cake is extremely moist and flavorful and is topped with a buttermilk glaze while still warm. Try it and I think you will agree that it is the best!! My fiance LOVES carrot cake, and yesterday was his birthday so I decided to look for a carrot cake recipe.
Says that it rivals his favorite carrot cake recipe. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. You can cook Carrot cake using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carrot cake
- It’s of For the cake batter:.
- Prepare 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 1/4 cups of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla powder or extract.
- It’s 3 of large eggs.
- It’s 3 cups of grated carrots.
- You need of For a creamy frosting:.
- Prepare 1 cup of cream cheese.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of heavy whipping cream.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Carrot cake is moist, rich in flavor and melts in your mouth!
Carrot cake instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F and Grease 2 9-inch round cake pans..
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, and ground cinnamon in a medium bowl until well combined..
- In a separate large bowl mix the oil, sugars, and vanilla. Then combine the 3 eggs, one at a time until properly mixed..
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 3 parts, making sure the batter is smooth after each part. Then stir in the carrots and mix again..
- Divide the batter between the prepared cake pans and bake for 20-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake..
- After the cakes have baked take them out of the oven, let them cool for 10 minutes, and then transfer the cakes into separate plates..
- For the creamy frosting: In an electric mixer bowl beat the cream cheese for about 30 seconds then add in the sugar, 1/4 cup at a time until fluffy. Pour in the heavy whipping cream and beat for 1 minute..
- When the cakes have completely cooled, frost the top of one cake and place the other cake on top. With the remaining frosting, frost the top of the cake and serve. ✨Enjoy!✨.
This scrumptious dessert is what everyone will be raving about! This truly is one of the best carrot cake recipes alone with whole wheat carrot cake bread, frosted carrot cake cookies or carrot cake cupcakes. All my carrot cake recipes are made with fresh carrots, the perfect blend of spices and a sweet, heavenly frosting! I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour. For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend.