Eggs Benedict. Choose from ham, smoked salmon, crabmeat. Making Eggs Benedict requires careful orchestration. You have to have warm, crispy bacon, hot No wonder I rarely eat Eggs Benedict unless I'm eating out, my brain is scrambled enough as it is in the.
Although I've made Eggs Benedict before, I'd never used a recipe for the Hollandaise sauce- I just used an old method my mom used. This had just the perfect amount of lemon (we like it very lemony). Eggs Benedict is my favorite breakfast menu item, and it's super easy to make from home! You can have Eggs Benedict using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Eggs Benedict
- Prepare of For the benedict.
- It’s 3/4 C. of or 1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter.
- It’s 3 of large egg yolks.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp. of Fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of Cayenne.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of For the poached eggs:.
- You need 1 of Tbso. White distilled vinegar.
- Prepare of Sea salt.
- You need 8 of large eggs.
- It’s of For the hollandaise:and assembly:.
- You need 4 of English muffins, split.
- You need 8 slices of Canadian bacon or thick-cut ham.
- You need 2 Tbsp. of Unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/4 C. of Chopped chives or green onions.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp. of Chopped dill or 2 tsp. Dried dill.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
It starts with a toasted english muffin, topped with a slice or two of Canadian bacon, a poached egg. Healthy eggs Benedict is a creative breakfast recipe made up of four delicious layers. For many brunch lovers, eggs Benedict is one of those meals that's always ordered at a restaurant. Eggs Benedict are a wondrous weekend breakfast.
Eggs Benedict step by step
- Make the hollandaise: Melt the butter in a small pot over medium-high heat until it's foamy but not yet beginning to brown, 3-4 minutes..
- Place egg yolks and 2 tsp. water into a blender. Start blender and then very slowly add the hot, melted butter until fully combined. Add lemon juice and cayenne, season with salt and pepper. Pour into a bowl with plastic wrap directly on the surface so the top doesn't create a skin on top. Set aside..
- Poach the eggs: Crack eggs into a strainer and let the watery whites run out. There will still be whites remaining. Fill a sauce pan with 3 inches of water. Add vinegar and salt and bring to a simmer. Just starting to bubble not boil. Using a spoon stir water until it is swirling. Carefully drop 1 or 2 eggs at a time into center of vortex, allowing the whites to envelop the yolks. 4-5 minutes until whites are set and yolk still runny. Repeat with remaining eggs..
- Use splotted spoon to remove eggs and place on paper towels or clean dish towel to drain..
- Toast choice of bread in toaster or oven until golden brown..
- Cook Canadian bacon or ham in a skillet over medium-high heat until golden brown and just crisp around the edges. About 6 minutes..
- Assemble: Place 8 halves of bagels or choice of bread on a plate and butter generously. Top each with Canadian bacon or ham, and poached egg. Spoon hollandaise sauce over top and aprinle with dill, sea salt, cayenne and pepper..
The traditionally American dish serves poached These eggs Benedict recipes will show you how to make hollandaise from scratch, or take the easy. Eggs Benedict is a classic at Sunday brunch, New Year's morning, or a morning with that special person in your life. The hollandaise sauce can make it or break it. Eggs Benedict is an elegant breakfast or brunch dish that's surprisingly easy to make at home. Poached eggs sit on top of toasted English muffins and savory Canadian bacon.