Whole Wheat Carrot Cake. Mix whole wheat flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice together in a large bowl. Make a well in the center; pour in honey mixture. Mix gently until batter is just combined.
Let me tell you, until I actually sliced it and had a bite, I was biting my nails nervously throughout! Think a lighter, lower-calorie carrot cake. An olive oil cake with whole wheat flour. You can have Whole Wheat Carrot Cake using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Carrot Cake
- Prepare 1/2 cup of apple sauce.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of maple syrup.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of grated carrots.
- It’s 2 of eggs beaten.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of vanilla.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ginger.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dried apricots chopped.
And in place of sugar, we use natural sweeteners like quality dark honey and chopped Medjool dates. Ground cinnamon takes a prominent spot as the main flavor maker in this healthy carrot cake recipe, supported by a little cardamom and ginger. This recipe for carrot cake is an example of that. I had tried making carrot cakes using whole wheat before.
Whole Wheat Carrot Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350F..
- Mix apple sauce and maple syrup in a medium bowl. Then add eggs, vanilla and carrots..
- Mix in salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger..
- Add baking soda and baking powder. It is important to add these ingredients separate from the rest but just before the flour as they will give your batter some air bubbles..
- Add the flour. Once it is completely mixed in, add the apricots and sunflower seeds..
- Pour the batter into a greased tin and bake for 1 hour..
That was until I tried this recipe. Carrot cake is moist, rich in flavor and melts in your mouth! This scrumptious dessert is what everyone will be raving about! This truly is one of the best carrot cake recipes alone with whole wheat carrot cake bread, frosted carrot cake cookies or carrot cake cupcakes. Add the carrots and nuts, and mix until just blended.