Carrot Cake. Different from traditional carrot cakes, this cake is extremely moist and flavorful and is topped with a buttermilk glaze while still warm. Try it and I think you will agree that it is the best!! My fiance LOVES carrot cake, and yesterday was his birthday so I decided to look for a carrot cake recipe.
Says that it rivals his favorite carrot cake recipe. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. You can cook Carrot Cake using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake
- It’s 4 of Eggs.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 cup of White sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- You need 2 cup of All-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Baking soda.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Ground cinnamon.
- You need 3 cup of Grated carrots.
- It’s 1 cup of Chopped pecans.
- It’s of cream cheese frosting.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Butter.
- You need 8 oz of Cream cheese,softened.
- Prepare 4 cup of Powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chopped pecans.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add the carrots and nuts, and mix until just blended.
Carrot Cake instructions
- For the carrot cake preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9×13 pan inch pan..
- In a large bowl, beat together egg, oil, white sugar, and 2 teaspoon vanilla. Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Stir in carrots. Fold in pecans. Pour in prepared pans..
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted to the center of cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely..
- To make cream cheese frosting: in a medium bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, confectioners sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until mixture is smooth and creamy. Stir in the chopped pecans. Frost the cooled cake..
Allow the cake(s) to cool completely before frosting. I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour. For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend. Baking soda helps the cake to rise. Salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract make the cake taste amazing.