Mashed Banana Pancake. Peel the banana and break it up into several big chunks in a medium bowl. Use a dinner fork to thoroughly mash the banana. Continue mashing until the banana has a pudding-like consistency and no large lumps remain; a few small lumps are okay.
Pour the dry ingredients over the wet and mix just until incorporated. Mashed banana, eggs and cinnamon make for tender, rich grain-free pancakes. Drizzle with maple syrup, honey or yogurt, or scatter fresh fruit over the top. You can have Mashed Banana Pancake using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mashed Banana Pancake
- It’s 2 cups of buttermilk (2 cups whole milk mix with 2 tbsp vinegar – let it rest for about 10 minutes to allow the milk to turn to buttermilk).
- You need 2 of ripe bananas, mashed.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter, melted and cooled slightly.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of all purpose flour or whole wheat flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Topping:.
- You need of Sliced bananas.
- It’s of Maple syrup.
- You need of Honey.
For variety, stir healthful additions into the batter: try flaxseeds, nuts, chia or hemp seeds, a spoonful of almond butter, or spices like grated nutmeg or ground ginger. Mix mashed up bananas, syrup, vanilla, water, and pancake mix in a bowl. Spray non-stick cooking spray onto surface of pan or griddle. Start with a simple pancake batter then add a mashed banana, cinnamon, and nutmeg for some spice.
Mashed Banana Pancake step by step
- In a medium bowl, whisk in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt..
- In a big bowl, add buttermilk, mashed bananas, melted butter, eggs, and sugar. Whisk together until well combined..
- Pour the dry ingredients over the dry and mix just until incorporated. Do not overmix..
- Let the batter sit for about 5 minutes. It should form bubbles and rise just a bit..
- Heat a little butter on a frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour the batter into the frying pan using an ice cream scoop or a 1/4 cup measure. Cook until both sides change to golden brown color..
- Serve with sliced bananas and maple syrup or honey! 😋.
If you don't have buttermilk on hand, don't worry! These will work with non-dairy or dairy milk or you can make "fake-out" buttermilk by combining milk with lemon (we shared how in the notes section of the recipe). There should be chunks of bananas to make fluffy pancakes. Pour wet mixture into mashed bananas and stir to combine. Combine flour, white sugar, baking powder and salt.