Crumb topping. Crumb topping is a bread or flour mixture that is combined with butter and toasted in the oven. The recipe for crumb topping will differ based on whether your dish is sweet or savory. These crumb cake crumbs aren't just for crumb cake – they make a perfect topping for all kinds of Sweet and buttery crumb cake crumbs.
A simple crumb topping or streusel that can be used on top of pies, muffins, and coffee cakes. Quick, easy crumb topping (streusel) that can go on top of pies, cakes, quickbreads, or muffins. Make a lot and keep it in the freezer until you need it! You can have Crumb topping using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crumb topping
- It’s of granulated sugar.
- You need of brown sugar.
- It’s of flour.
- You need of ground cinnamon.
- You need of butter.
Bake as directed in your fruit pie recipe. If crumbs become too dark while baking, cover loosely with foil, but remove foil the last few minutes of bakings so the topping will crisp. This crumble topping recipe will cook to a lovely crunchy golden topping over fruit. Learn how to make Crumb Topping.
Crumb topping instructions
- In a pan over medium heat, melt the butter..
- In a medium bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients until blended..
- Pour the butter over the mixture. I use my fingers to mix it all together until it becomes crumbly..
- Put the crumb topping on top of your cakes, pies, muffins, cupcakes, etc and bake according to the recipe..
Irresistible Banana Cheesecake Swirl Muffins with Crumb Topping Manna And Spice. Our most trusted Crumb Topping recipes. Reviewed by millions of home cooks. Shortcut your way to wonderful pies all summer by preparing the topping ahead and keeping it in the freezer. This is my All Purpose Crumb Topping.