Holmestead Cookin': Apple Roses. Impress your guests with this beautiful rose-shaped dessert made with lots of soft and delicious apple slices, wrapped in sweet and crispy puff pastry. These amazing baked apple roses recipe are the cutest and delicious way to serve an apple dessert. If you like apple pie or apple tart, you are going to fall in love with these apple rose tart because Rose Shaped Apple Baked Dessert by Cooking with Manuela.
Impress your guests with this beautiful rose-shaped dessert. Made with lots of soft and delicious apple slices, wrapped in sweet and crispy puff pastry. Apple pie tastes better when it looks like a rose. You can have Holmestead Cookin': Apple Roses using 6 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Holmestead Cookin': Apple Roses
- Prepare 1 Bag of Apples.
- It’s 1 cup of Apricot Preservatives.
- You need 1/3 cup of Lemon Juice.
- It’s 2 sheets of puff pastry.
- It’s of Cinnamon.
- You need of Icing sugar.
Carey and I have been working on getting Baking the pumpkin pie filling before filling the pies ensures fully cooked filling and less. Cooking apple slices in hot lemon water also prevents them from changing color. When ready dry the apples slightly with paper towels. Here are your roses: fresh, crispy and not at all prickly.
Holmestead Cookin': Apple Roses instructions
- Core and halve apples.
- Thinly slice apples the width of a toonie.
- Put slices in water plus 1/3 cup of lemon juice..
- Microwave in water/lemon juice mixture for 3 minutes, stir, and put back in the microwave for an additional 3 minutes (depending on microwave and amount of apples), until they are malleable..
- Add 3 tbsp apricot preservatives to 2 tbsp of water, and mix..
- 1 sheet of puff pastry rolled out..
- Slice them into 5 centimeter rectangles (this will vary depending on the size of your apples..
- Add a dollup of the preservatives mix to the puff pastry..
- Lay apples (2/3 overlap) covering 1/2 of the puff pastry..
- Sprinkle with cinnamon..
- Fold bottom half of puffed pastry over the exposed half of the apples.
- Roll them to make look like a rose and put in lightly buttered muffin tin.
- Bake at 375 for 35 to 45 minutes.
- (Optional) If you want a little more sweetness, dust the tops with a mixture of 2 parts sugsr, 1 part cinnamon..
- Dust with icing sugar when ready to serve.
The taste is even more insanely delicious if you add a scoop of vanilla. Don't worry, this edible bouquet of roses is way easier than it looks, thanks to a simple rolling trick. Remove core and cut apples crosswise into paper-thin slices. Transfer slices to simmering acidulated water. I also like to cook apple slices until just barely tender, often skipping the expected cinnamon, clove, or nutmeg to better appreciate A microwave is the best and fastest way to make perfectly cooked, but still firm, apple slices.