Banana Oat Muffins. In a large bowl, beat the egg lightly. Stir in the milk, oil, and vanilla. Add the mashed banana, and combine thoroughly.
Fold oats and walnuts into batter. Scoop batter into the muffin cups using a large ice cream scoop. Add banana mixture to dry ingredients. You can cook Banana Oat Muffins using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana Oat Muffins
- Prepare 1 1/4 Cup of Rolled Oats – Processed in food processor.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Rolled Oats.
- You need 2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda.
- Prepare 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 3/4 Cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk.
- You need 3-4 of Bananas – Mashed (use very ripe bananas).
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Coconut Oil – Melted.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Honey (use more depending on ripeness of the bananas using).
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Chocolate Chips or 1/2 Cup Blueberries.
Banana Oat Muffins Chopped pecans add pleasant crunch to these hearty banana oatmeal muffins with rich flavor. These muffins are low in cholesterol, but you'd never know it. My husband and I love them. Whip up a batch of these diabetic-friendly Banana-Oat Muffins for a quick and easy snack or add them to complete a balanced breakfast.
Banana Oat Muffins step by step
- Blend oats in a food processor until it resembles a flour..
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl..
- Whisk together all wet ingredients in a separate mixing bowl..
- Add dry ingredients to wet. Mix until blended. Stir in chocolate chips or blueberries..
- Grease muffin tin and fill 3/4 with batter.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes..
These muffins can be eaten over several days or frozen and enjoyed for up to a month. In a separate bowl, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, vanilla and butter. Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture, stirring just until the dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon batter into greased muffin cups. In a large bowl, mix together the smashed banana, oats and vanilla.