Harvest Spice Bread (or Muffins). I call this harvest spice bread because it combines some of the best flavors of the fall season including apple, pumpkin, and cinnamon spice. You could place the wrapped bread in a freezer container or freezer-friendly zipped top bag, but I often just freeze it after wrapping in aluminum foil. It is now located at TOH.
This Vegan Pumpkin Spice Muffin recipe has a wonderful warm, buttery flavor that's enhanced by barley malt syrup, lemon juice, cinnamon, ginger and Pecans add flavor complexity and a delightful crunch. These vegan muffins are equally good with baked sweet potato purée substituted for the. Spices – I used the pumpkin pie spice mix, plus a little extra cinnamon for that added boost of flavor. You can cook Harvest Spice Bread (or Muffins) using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Harvest Spice Bread (or Muffins)
- It’s 1 3/4 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- You need 3/4 tsp. of salt.
- You need 2 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of ground cloves.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of ground ginger.
- It’s 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree.
- Prepare 1 of heaping cup peeled and shredded apple.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of peeled and freshly shredded carrot.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped walnuts.
- It’s of Rolled oats, for topping (optional).
If using the individual spices, adjust the measurement to suit your taste. Every once in a while this will happen when making bread or muffins. Letting the loaf cool completely should fix the issue. These healthy pumpkin muffins can easily be made into pumpkin zucchini bread!
Harvest Spice Bread (or Muffins) step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×5" loaf pan and set it aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger until combined, then set that aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, milk and pumpkin. Then whisk in the shredded apple and carrot. Pour the wet batter into the dry and fold together until it's just combined, then fold in the walnuts..
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and top with oats if you'd like. Bake for 50-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out mostly clean. If you notice the bread is browning quickly, then tent some foil loosely over the top halfway through baking time. Let it cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack, before removing the loaf and slicing it. Leftover bread can be stored in the fridge for a week or so..
- For Muffins: Grease a 12 count muffin tin instead of a loaf pan and pour the batter to the top of each tin. Initially, preheat the oven to 425°F. Bake the muffins for 5 minutes, then keep them in the oven and lower the temperature to 350°F and bake for an additional 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let them cool in the pan for 5 or so minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely..
- For Mini-Loaves (as pictured): Grease the mini-loaf pans rather than the large one. Bake at 350°F for 33-38 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out mostly clean. Place the mini loaf pans onto a wire rack to cool completely..
These Paleo Pumpkin Zucchini Muffins are dense and moist with a rich cinnamon/spice flavor. Combine coconut flour, almond flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice baking soda, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. This pumpkin bread has a wonderful flavor. Feel free to add chopped pecans to the batter. You can also add a streusel topping or once the bread has cooled you can sprinkle with.