Carrot Cake. Different from traditional carrot cakes, this cake is extremely moist and flavorful and is topped with a buttermilk glaze while still warm. Try it and I think you will agree that it is the best!! My fiance LOVES carrot cake, and yesterday was his birthday so I decided to look for a carrot cake recipe.
Says that it rivals his favorite carrot cake recipe. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. You can have Carrot Cake using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake
- You need of (cake):.
- It’s 2 cups of flour.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 2 tsp of all spice.
- You need 1 cup of oil.
- It’s 3 cups of grated carrots.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- Prepare of (icing):.
- You need 6 tbsp of butter.
- You need 3 cups of icing sugar.
- Prepare 3 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 6 oz of creme cheese.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. Carrot cake is moist, rich in flavor and melts in your mouth!
Carrot Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine cake ingredients with an electric mixer and pour into two buttered pans. Bake for 55 minutes..
- Meanwhile blend together icing ingredients until smooth..
- Once carrot cake is cool, spread icing on evenly and enjoy!.
This scrumptious dessert is what everyone will be raving about! This truly is one of the best carrot cake recipes alone with whole wheat carrot cake bread, frosted carrot cake cookies or carrot cake cupcakes. All my carrot cake recipes are made with fresh carrots, the perfect blend of spices and a sweet, heavenly frosting! I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour. For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend.