Apple Oat Muffins. A warm muffin makes a nearly perfect snack or breakfast; these apple cinnamon oat muffins also have a delicious streusel topping. Unbelievably moist apple muffins made with oatmeal and whole wheat flour. Macintosh apples and a double dose of oats add a boost of nutrition to these crowd-pleasing muffins.
Healthy Oatmeal & Apple Muffins Recipe. Смотреть позже. I have been wanting to make this recipe forever. Who doesn't love apple and oats together? You can cook Apple Oat Muffins using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple Oat Muffins
- It’s 3 cups of old fashioned rolled oats.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of apple pie spice.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp. of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 2 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of milk, at room temperature (any kind).
- You need 3/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of maple syrup.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly.
- It’s 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 of large granny smith apple, grated.
- You need of Turbinado sugar, for optional topping.
A friend recommended ground flaxseed meal as a replacement for the egg. These apple oatmeal muffins are so flavorful from the applesauce, cider, and chopped apples, full of great texture from the oats, and so soft and sweet from all those things combined. In a mixing bowl, lightly beat eggs; add milk and oil, stirring until just blended. Stir in flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and.
Apple Oat Muffins instructions
- Use a food processor to grind up the oats into oat flour. Then pour the oat flour out into a large bowl and add the apple pie spice, baking soda and salt to it. Whisk it all together and set it aside..
- In a seperate, large bowl, whisk together the eggs, applesauce, milk, maple syrup, butter and vanilla extract until well combined..
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and use a rubber spatula to fold it all together until just combined. Then fold in the shredded apple. The mix will seem quite wet. I let it sit while the oven heats..
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a standard size 12 count muffin tin with cupcake liners or grease them well. Fill the tins to the top with the muffin batter. Then, sprinkle a good pinch of turbinado sugar over each one..
- Bake 15-18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let them cool in the pan for 5 or so minutes, before popping them out and letting them cool on wire racks..
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days and enjoy!.
- You could also finely dice the apple instead of shredding it, for a different textured muffin..
Our apple muffins with streusel have a crunchy streusel topping that's to die for. Apple is one of the flavors I associate with fall. Inspired by bircher muesli, these protein-packed muffins get extra texture and flavor from almonds, grated raw apples, and oats folded into the gluten- and dairy-free batter. These Apple Cinnamon Oat Muffins score high across the board, and that's good, because it means that I can make a big batch for nibbling on all week, or put some away in the freezer to heat and eat at. Baked oatmeal muffins with chunks of apples and cinnamon.