Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins. Perfect poppy seed muffins with lemon zest and a sugar lemon glaze. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the egg yolks, one at a time.
Healthy lemon poppy seed muffins made with whole wheat flour and yogurt. These delightful muffins have tons of flavor! After my lackluster first batch, I doubled the initial amounts of lemon zest and poppy seeds found in typical lemon poppy seed muffins, so these guys are bursting with flavor. You can cook Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- It’s of Muffins :.
- You need 1 3/4 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp. of poppy seeds.
- You need 1 tsp. of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- You need 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sour cream (or Greek yogurt) at room temperature.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- You need of Zest and juice from 2 lemons (about 2 tbsp. juice).
- You need 1/4 cup of milk, at room temperature.
Poppy seeds lend a pleasant crunch to these aromatic, lemony muffins. Lemon Poppy-Seed Muffins. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Try my easy lemon poppy seed muffins, and you will see what I mean! Lemon poppy seed muffins are simply my easy, basic muffin recipe with lemon zest and poppy seeds added in.
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins instructions
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Grease a 12 count standard size muffin tin or line with parchment liners and set it aside. For these muffins, I definitely recommend the parchment liners, because these like to stick to the muffin tin..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set this aside..
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment to beat the butter on high speed until it is smooth and creamy, about a minute. Then add the sugar and beat on high speed until they are fully creamed together, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, sour cream and vanilla extract and beat until combined..
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and beat on low speed until just barely combined. Then add the lemon zest, lemon juice and milk and beat on low speed until just combined..
- Pour out the batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling them all the way to the top. Bake at 425°F for 5 minutes, then keep the muffins in the oven, but lower the temperature to 350°F for 13-15 additional minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean. Allow them to cool in the pan for 10 or so minutes, then remove them to a wire rack to cool completely..
- Store in an airtight container for 3-4 days and enjoy!.
If you have made my muffins before (or even if you haven't) you will find this variation to be easy and. Flavor the sugar with lemon zest: Rubbing the sugar and zest together causes the zest to release its fragrant oils into the sugar, resulting in a lemony sugar that makes the muffins brighter and more flavorful. These lemon poppy seed muffins are probably my favorite muffins. They are not too sweet which makes them perfect for breakfast. You are going to love the moist texture and the zesty flavor of these lemon poppy seed muffins.