Brazilian Carrot Cake. A traditional favorite in my family, Brazilian carrot cake is very different from the American version. The popular cake is topped with homemade chocolate frosting, and perfect to serve with a glass of milk or tea. Brazilian Carrot Cake Quite different from the American version, this Brazilian Carrot Cake is the easiest carrot cake you'll ever make!
This is a very traditional cake in Brazil; it's not something that's associated with Easter and spring time the way carrot cake here in the US is. It's a super simple recipe and the carrots are actually pureed into the batter so it's completely smooth. This is a cozy, remarkably easy Bundt cake that's made in homes across Brazil—technically carrot, but acts more like pound, dressed unstintingly with streaks of gooey chocolate ganache. You can cook Brazilian Carrot Cake using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brazilian Carrot Cake
- You need 3 medium of Carrots.
- Prepare 3 large of Eggs.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 cup of Flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of White sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of Baking Powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Pumpkin spice mix (optional).
- It’s 1 of Each Vanilla & Almond extract (Optional).
- Prepare of Topping.
- You need 1 cup of Icing Sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of Chocolate powder/cocoa powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of Milk.
- It’s 50 grams of Butter.
It also happens to be naturally tinted perfectly for Halloween (though I hope you will eat it year-round, for both dessert and breakfast). This is very different from an American carrot cake, but I prefer it. It is very easy and always surprises people. This golden cake with shiny chocolate glaze is a Brazilian favorite perfect for an after school snack or for a mid-morning break with coffee.
Brazilian Carrot Cake instructions
- Preheat oven 350°F & light grease a 9 inch baking pan. Set aside.
- Blend carrots, eggs, & veg oil until smooth. Feel free to add your extracts now (Optional).
- Sift flour, sugar, & baking powder together & mix. At this point feel free to add spice (optional)..
- Mix wet & dry ingredients together. Pour batter into your baking pan & Bake for 45 mins..
- For topping: melt ingredients in a medium pot/pan mix & use when cake is done.
Carrots give the cake its bright yellow hue, but they're barely detectable in the flavor, which is like a rich butter cake. How is the Brazilian Carrot Cake? While the American Carrot Cake is chunky and spiced and has a cream cheese frosting, the Brazilian Carrot Cake is less indulgent, more sweet and has a chocolate frosting – which can be brigadeiro. In Brazil, instead of adding grated carrots for texture, we blend them until smooth. In this carrot cake style—traditional in homes across Brazil—whole chunks of raw carrot go straight into the blender with eggs, oil, and sugar and quickly dissolve into a colorful batter.