Blueberry Oat Bran Muffins. This is a delicious and lighter version of a type of oat bran muffin. You could vary the fruit – blueberries, strawberries, canned peaches, etc. Combine whole wheat flour, oat bran, wheat germ, brown sugar, lemon rind, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and For egg-free and vegan blueberry oat bran muffins, you can swap in your favorite egg white substitute for the eggs. Instead of those oversized, carb-loaded muffins, you can easily make a batch or two of better-for-you muffins in Grease your muffin tins or line them with paper muffin cups. These blueberry oat bran muffins are a new favourite in my kitchen. You can cook Blueberry Oat Bran Muffins using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Blueberry Oat Bran Muffins
- Prepare of all purpose flour + 1 tbs for dusting blueberries.
- It’s of coarse ground oat bran.
- You need of baking soda.
- You need of baking powder.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of whole milk.
- Prepare of container plain Greek yogurt (I used Chobani).
- Prepare of packed brown sugar.
- It’s of vegetable oil.
- You need of large eggs.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
- You need of fresh blueberries.
They took a couple test batches to get them perfect, but I can happily say that they have been tried and tested to perfection! Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group. Homemade oat bran muffins are a great alternative to big, store-bought muffins that are usually packed with calories and fat. Oat bran gives these muffins some "meat" and tons of fibre.
Blueberry Oat Bran Muffins step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a standard size 12 count muffin tin with nonstick spray, including the entire top. Or line cups with paper liners. Either way you will want to spray the top to prevent sticking..
- In a medium bowl wisk together flour, oat bran, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside..
- In a large bowl wisk together milk and yogurt until smooth. Add brown sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Wisk to combine thoroughly..
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixture all at once. Using a wooden spoon stir together until just incorporated, with no dry patches remaining. It will be lumpy and that's okay. You don't want to over mix..
- Let batter rest for 5 minutes. Meanwhile gently toss blueberries in 1 tbs flour to coat (this helps keep them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins). Gently fold into batter to distribute as evenly as possible..
- Gently spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, filling the wells to the top. I actually ended up with enough to also fill a 12 count mini muffin tin..
- Place in oven. Bake 25-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center (of a muffin in the middle of tin) comes out clean. Mine took about 28 min..
They are a wonderful breakfast muffin. I have no trouble with blueberries, in fact she'd live off berries if she had a choice so it was a fair compromise to put blueberries in this muffin recipe. Combine the flour, oat bran, whole wheat flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Healthy Blueberry Banana Bran Muffins – the most tender & moist bran muffins you'll ever eat! This easy recipe is a keeper! ♡ easy moist blueberry bran muffins recipe. how to make clean eating bran muffins for kids. banana oat bran muffins with molasses.