Pumpkin Carrot Cake. Because of the cream cheese in the frosting, it does need to be refrigerated. The finished and frosted cake doesn't freeze and thaw well. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in small bowl.
Fold in the carrots and then the nuts and coconut until just combined. How to Make Pumpkin Carrot Cake Whisk together the wet ingredients, then mix in the dry. Add in the carrots, raisins, and nuts; gently fold together until incorporated. You can cook Pumpkin Carrot Cake using 21 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Carrot Cake
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of pumpkin puree.
- It’s 1 cup of grated carrot.
- You need 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of canola or vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1/2 spoon of ground ginger.
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt, or to taste.
- You need 1 cup of raisins,.
- You need of For Frosting:.
- It’s 6 ounces of cream cheese, softened.
- Prepare half of stick unsalted butter, softened.
- Prepare 1 of confectioners' sugar.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt, or to taste.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula. For pumpkin carrot cake: In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, pumpkin, granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, pineapple, and buttermilk until combined. Add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl, and beat until just combined.
Pumpkin Carrot Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350F.To a large bowl, add the eggs, pumpkin, sugars, oil, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, cinnamon, cloves, and whisk to combine.Add the carrots,the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and stir until just combined, don't over mix..
- Optionally add the raisins stir to combine. Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula. Bake for about 45 minutes or until center is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.Lat the cake cool completely.
- Frosting – To a large bowl add the cream cheese, butter, and beat with an electric mixer until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the confectioners' sugar, vanilla, salt, and beat until smooth and incorporated, about 2 minutes..
- Turn frosting out onto cake and spread into a smooth, even, flat layer using a spatula.keep in the fridge for about 1-2 hours..
Pumpkin Carrot Cake When you pair pumpkin + carrots in a cake, you get this delicious, moist, nutty cake topped with cream cheese and fitting for any dinner party. Carrot and Pumpkin Make a Great Pair This cake has the flavor of pumpkin and gets the moist, dense texture of carrot cake from the freshly grated carrots. Fold in the pineapple and pumpkin until well combined. Fold in the carrots and then the nuts and coconut until just combined. In large bowl, mix cake mix, pumpkin, butter and egg; stir until well blended.