Chicken Soto Soup. Soto ayam is a chicken soup dish originated from Indonesia and is popular in Malaysia and Singapore. However, you have to take a paradigm shift to appreciate it. Unlike a creamy soup, it's a clear soup with loads of ingredients and condiments.
Steps to make Chicken Soto Soup: Blend the spices that need to be ground in a blender until smooth. Preheat a pot with cooking oil, pour the grounded spices and stir until cooked. Add lemongrass, bay leaves, kaffir lime leaves, galangal, salt, sugar, and pepper. You can cook Chicken Soto Soup using 29 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Soto Soup
- It’s 1 kg of chicken.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 4 of kaffir lime leaves.
- You need 2 of lemongrass.
- Prepare 2 cm of galangal.
- You need 1 of lt water.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of peper.
- You need 3 of spring onions.
- You need 2 of Celery stalks.
- It’s leaves of Celery.
- You need of Rice noodles.
- You need 2 of potatoes.
- You need 3 of boiled eggs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- It’s of Grounded spices:.
- You need 1/2 of red onion.
- Prepare 5 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 3 cm of turmeric.
- You need 2 cm of ginger.
- You need 4 of candle nuts.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- It’s of Chili sauce :.
- It’s 10 of birdeye chilies.
- You need 5 of garlic cloves.
- You need 3 of candle nuts.
- It’s 1/2 of tap salt.
- Prepare of Water to boil.
Soto Ayam is a classic chicken soup from Indonesia but also popular in Singapore and Malaysia. It's traditionally served with vermicelli noodles (or Bihun/Bee Hoon), shredded chicken, and eggs. In addition, the soup is topped with bean sprouts, cabbage, fried shallots, cilantro, Chinese celery, and krupuk or emping. Soto Ayam, an Indonesian chicken noodle soup.
Chicken Soto Soup step by step
- Blend the spices that need to be ground in a blender until smooth..
- Preheat a pot with cooking oil, pour the grounded spices and stir until cooked. Add lemongrass, bay leaves, kaffir lime leaves, galangal, salt, sugar, and pepper. Stir them well..
- After around 3 mins, add the water and chicken into a pot, stir it until the water blends with the spices, add celery stalks, cover the pot and let the chicken cooked really well..
- Meanwhile we prepare for the other stuff, cut the potatoes into 4 and slice thinly like chips and fry them until crispy, put aside..
- Peel boiled eggs and cut into half. Put aside..
- Boil some water and cook the rice noodle for 3 mins until it soften, drain the water with the strainer, put aside..
- Chop celery leaves, put aside..
- If you like spicy we will make the chili sauce for it, boil the chilies, fry garlic and candle nuts with a little bit of oil for 3 mins (don't let them burn) Mash the garlic and candle nuts while hot, add boiled chilies, mash them well, add salt and taste it..
- After the chicken cooked properly, take them out of the soup and shred them, put aside..
- When everything is ready we prepare a bowl to serve it, put rice noodle, shredded chicken, and potato chips, pour the hot soup on top of them, add boiled egg, sprinkle chopped celery leaves, and put chili sauce on the side if you like it spicy..
- You can add rice on the side too. Happy cooking.
This is an easy, healthy, homemade soup that can be made from scratch. Prepared with a simple aromatic chicken broth that's infused with Asian spices, this soup is flavourful on its own. Soto ayam is chicken noodle soup – Indonesian style. Then add the lime juice and season with salt to taste. Drain and divide among serving bowls.