Oat Bran Banana Muffins. Put milk, oil, egg and vanilla in medium bowl and whisk to blend. Used oats instead of oat bran. Add milk, egg, honey, and oil; mix just until ingredients are moistened.
In another bowl, mix together flour, oat bran, raisins, baking soda and baking powder; stir into egg mixture, only until combined. Healthy Additions for Your Blender Muffins. For the bran you can use either oat bran or wheat bran. You can have Oat Bran Banana Muffins using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oat Bran Banana Muffins
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 cup of oat bran.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brown sugar splenda.
- You need 2 tablespoons of baking powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of sweetened vanilla almond milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of canola oil.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 4 of large ripe frozen bananas.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of semi-sweeten mini chocolate chips.
Stir it together with the milk, mashed banana, and vanilla, and let that bowl rest while measuring and mixing the rest of the ingredients. That allows the oat bran to soften and makes your healthy chocolate chip banana bran muffins extremely moist and tender. Hint: The mashed banana actually replaces the eggs! Oat Bran Muffins make for a hearty snack or a hearty breakfast/brunch option.
Oat Bran Banana Muffins instructions
- Preheat oven to 400F..
- Combine first 6 ingredients (flour, oatbran, stevia, baking powder, salt and cinnamon) in large bowl. Mix with whisk until mostly combined..
- In a separate, medium sized bowl, combine almond milk, oil, eggs and vanilla extract. Mix..
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture. Mix until mostly combined (there should be some visible dry mixture)..
- Thaw frozen, ripe bananas in the microwave (about 20-30 seconds). Remove skin and add to batter and mix until just combined..
- (Optional) Mix in mini semi-sweet chocolate chips..
- Pour mixture in greased muffin tins and bake each for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean (recipe makes 24 large muffins)..
Made with wholesome Quaker Oat Bran hot cereal and other beneficial ingredients, these baked muffins can be a year-round staple. Blend together brown sugar, oat bran, flour, baking powder, soda, and salt. Add eggs, chilled applesauce, and vegetable oil. In a large bowl, beat the coconut oil and maple syrup together with a whisk. Whisk in bananas, buttermilk, wheat bran, oil and vanilla.