Eggless carrot cake (with whole-wheat flour). Carrot cake with whole wheat flour This carrot cake is prepared using whole wheat flour and not all purpose flour. Thus the addition of whole wheat flour makes this a healthy cake. This whole wheat carrot cake is perfect for quick breakfasts.
In a bowl mix oil,sugar (both),vanilla essence. Mix properly till the sugar mixes thoroughly. We will share the amazing recipe of Eggless Carrot cake recipe with you which you can try out tonight. You can cook Eggless carrot cake (with whole-wheat flour) using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eggless carrot cake (with whole-wheat flour)
- Prepare 1+3/4 cups of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of flavorless oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of plain yogurt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 1 cup of whole-wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 2 cup of shredded carrots.
- You need 1/2 cup of walnuts.
- It’s 1/4 cup of softened butter.
- You need 4 ounces of cream cheese.
- It’s 3/4 cup of sugar.
Snack away on the cake during the midnight or have it at your tea time but you are sure to have a bite of a delight. In a bowl combine ghee, milk, egg or yogurt, brown sugar and vanilla and mix well. Add the carrot to wet ingredients and mix well. Add the sifted dry ingredients and mix to form a thick batter.
Eggless carrot cake (with whole-wheat flour) step by step
- Beat 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup oil until smooth..
- Add 1/2 cup yogurt and 1 tablespoon vanilla essence to the sugar and oil mixture and beat well..
- Mix the dry ingredients (1 cup whole-wheat flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup baking soda, 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder) and add to the liquid mixture through a sieve. Slowly fold until no dry patches are visible..
- Add 2 cups of shredded carrots and 1/2 cup walnuts to this mixture. Pour the mixture in a baking pan and bake in a preheated oven for 45mins at 350F. Once done, let the cake cool down..
- To prepare the frosting, add 1/4 cup softened butter, remaining 3/4 cups sugar and 4 oz cream cheese to a bowl. Beat well to form a smooth frosting. Layer the top of the cooled cake with the frosting. Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon if you like..
To make eggless carrot cake I have used whole wheat flour entirely. The cake is denser and a bit of darker shade due to wheat flour. If you prefer lighter cakes or preparing carrot cake for celebrations you can use all purpose flour. The whole wheat flour used in this recipe is a healthy alternative to all-purpose flour, however it does give the cake a denser consistency. If you prefer a fluffier eggless carrot cake, feel free to use all-purpose flour in place of all or a portion of the whole wheat flour.