Carrot Cake Roll with Whipped Cinnamon Cream Cheese Filling and Frosting. As the weather warms and Easter approaches, this carrot cake roll with cream cheese filling has become a much-requested dessert. Flavorful carrot cake spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves rolled up around a filling made of whipped cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla… sign me up! Roll cake up in towel and cool completely on rack before filling MAKE CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE FILLING AND FROSTING Beat cream until it holds its shape Beat cream cheese until smooth then beat in sugar, salt, vanilla and cinnamon Ingredients of Carrot Cake Roll with Whipped Cinnamon Cream Cheese Filling and Frosting It's of FOR CARROT CAKE ROLL.
These carrot cake cinnamon rolls are frosted with whipped cream cheese and topped with toasted walnuts. It's the iconic flavors of carrot cake injected into sweet rolls! Spring has sprung and it's officially carrot cake season! You can cook Carrot Cake Roll with Whipped Cinnamon Cream Cheese Filling and Frosting using 20 ingredients and 29 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake Roll with Whipped Cinnamon Cream Cheese Filling and Frosting
- Prepare of FOR CARROT CAKE ROLL.
- It’s 3 of large eggs.
- You need 2/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 tablespoons of canola oil.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 cups of shredded carrots (about 2 to 3 medium carrots).
- Prepare of confectioner's sugar for dusting.
- You need of FOR WHIPPED CINNAMON FILLING AND FROSTING.
- You need 1-8 ounce of packages of cream cheese, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of cold whipping cream.
- You need 1 cup of confectioner's sugar.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
With Easter less than a week away, now is the time to take advantage of this root vegetable. In a medium bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves and whisk. In a large bowl, combine eggs and sugar and whisk until combined. Scratch made carrot cake cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting Tender cinnamon roll dough is filled with spices and carrots.
Carrot Cake Roll with Whipped Cinnamon Cream Cheese Filling and Frosting step by step
- MAKE CARROT CAKE.
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 15 by 10 inch jelly roll pan with bakers spray. Line with parchment paper and spray parchment paper with bakers spray.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In another large bowl, beat the eggs until very pale and light anout 5 minutes, then beat in sugar, oil and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg/sugar mixture and mix just until blended.
- Fold in carrots.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan and bake 9 to 11 minutes until center is set and springs back when lightly touched.
- Have a clean kitchen towel ready dusted with confectioner's sugar.
- Turm cake out onto towel.
- Carefully remove parchment paper.
- Roll cake up in towel and cool completely on rack before filling.
- MAKE CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE FILLING AND FROSTING.
- Beat cream until it holds its shape.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth then beat in sugar, salt, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Fold whipped cream into cream cheese in 3 additions.
- FILL AND FROST CAKE.
- Carefully unroll cake.
- Add some cinnamon cream cheese whipped cream, leavong a boarder on edges.
- Roll cake up. Place seam side down in serving platter, frost with temaining cinnamon cream.
- Garnish with cinnamon sugar, mix 2 tablespoons granulated sugar with 1 teaspoon hround cinna,on.
- And add orange and yellow sprinkles. Refrigeerate at least 4 hours before slicing.
The rolls are filled with a cinnamon, sugar, pecan and butter mixture. After baking the rolls to golden brown, I topped them with a cream cheese frosting. Cake roll, swiss roll, jelly roll, or cream roll are just a few names used to describe this type of cake. They are usually made from sponge cake then filled with either jam, whipped cream, or frosting. The cake is then rolled into a log and sliced; with each slice resembling a spiral of cake and frosting.