Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. In a large bowl, combine grated carrots, flour, white sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; beat into egg mixture. In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
Invert the second layer on top of the frosted bottom layer so that the flat side (the bottom). Cream cheese frosting is the absolute best frosting for carrot cake. The slight tang of cream cheese frosting compliments this spiced carrot cake perfectly. You can cook Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- It’s of cake.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need 1 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of allspice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Light brown sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of plain yogurt.
- You need 5 cup of grated carrots.
- It’s of topping.
- You need 1 cup of coarsely chopped pecans.
- It’s of frosting.
- Prepare 2 stick of butter.
- It’s 2 cup of cream cheese.
- It’s 2 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
I like my cream cheese frosting to be heavy on the cream cheese and not overly sweet. The tangy cream cheese frosting is a perfect compliment! THE CAKE: This carrot cake recipe is based on these Mini Brown Sugar Pound Cakes I shared back in December. When I tried the dark brown sugar version, I knew instantly that it would be delicious as a base for carrot cake!
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting step by step
- In a sml. bowl add all dry ingredients..
- In a lg. bowl add moist ingredients..
- Add dry ingredients to moist ingredients. Blend together and pour batter into a ungreased 9 X 13 pan..
- Bake for 20 min. at 350°. Rotate and bake for 20 more min..
- Roast pecans for 10 min..
- Let cake cool for 2 hrs. before adding frosting..
- Sprinkle chopped pecans over frosting..
I just added some grated carrots, crushed pineapple, nuts, and spices. Carrot cake just isn't carrot cake without the pairing of cream cheese frosting. This cream cheese frosting recipe is fool-proof, light and creamy, and compliments the cake flavors perfectly. Sometimes carrot cake can be dense and dull, but this carrot cake recipe makes the most moist, light and flavorful carrot cake, EVER. Level the tops of each cake with a knife or cake leveler.