Chocolate banana bread. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, bananas, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to the banana mixture and mix just until combined.
Blend in sour cream and chocolate chips. Banana bread is one of those things people rarely make on purpose, only when those last three bananas are almost black. This scrumptious banana-walnut loaf, spiked with dark chocolate chips, is so good you'll want to make it well before the bananas get to that condition. You can have Chocolate banana bread using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate banana bread
- It’s of A. Dry ingredients.
- Prepare 175 grams of (1 and 1/4 cup) plain flour – sifted.
- It’s 40 grams (1/2 cup) of cocoa powder -sifted.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1 of and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder.
- It’s 60 grams (1/2 cup) of brown sugar.
- You need 40 grams (1/4 cup) of caster sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of B. Wet ingredients.
- It’s 2 of overripe Bananas – mash by fork – mixed with a tsp of lemon.
- Prepare 115 grams (1/2 cup) of or 1 stick) unsalted butter- melted & cool.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs – at room temperature.
- You need 60 ml (1/4 cup) of milk – at room temperature.
- It’s of Other.
- You need 75 grams (1/2 cup) of chocolate chips.
Well, if chocolate and banana were to marry, this would be the result—a richly chocolate banana bread, infused with cocoa, speckled with chocolate chips, with warm hints of butter, vanilla, and allspice. Wondering how to freeze, store and thaw your banana bread? Click here for all the ins and outs on how to keep your banana bread at its best! How To Make Chocolate Banana Bread To begin, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
Chocolate banana bread step by step
- Grease and line your 9 x 5 inch baking tin with baking or parchment paper. Preheat oven to 170oC (350oF).
- Mix dry ingredients by a whisk. In another bowl, mix wet ingredients until combined. Make a well in the middle of your dry ingredients, add wet ingredients and mashed banana. Very gently fold the mixture using a spatula or wooden spoon until the mixture is just combined – be careful not to over mix..
- Add 1/4 cup of chocolate chips to the batter. Pour mixture into prepared tin and sprinkle 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on top..
- Bake for approximately 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. Leave to cool on a wire rack..
In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. The bananas make the bread super moist and you can still taste the bananas. This recipe also calls for melted unsalted butter AND oil. Chocolate Banana Bread brings together two classic flavors, and combines them into one spectacular chocolate chip filled treat. Chocolate Banana Bread is the perfect combination of chocolate and banana.