Carrot Cake. Different from traditional carrot cakes, this cake is extremely moist and flavorful and is topped with a buttermilk glaze while still warm. Try it and I think you will agree that it is the best!! My fiance LOVES carrot cake, and yesterday was his birthday so I decided to look for a carrot cake recipe.
Says that it rivals his favorite carrot cake recipe. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. You can have Carrot Cake using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake
- You need 150 grams of Carrot (around 3 medium carrots).
- It’s 150 grams of eggs (3 medium eggs).
- You need 50 grams of Sunflower oil.
- You need 120 grams of All-purpose flour.
- Prepare 120 grams of Granulated white sugar.
- It’s 4 grams of Vanilla Powder (around 1 tsp).
- You need 4 grams of Baking Powder (around 1 tsp).
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Carrot cake is moist, rich in flavor and melts in your mouth!
Carrot Cake instructions
- Wash, peel and cut into large pieces the carrots and add them in your blender or food processor..
- Crack the eggs and add them in with the carrots along with the sunflower oil..
- Blend/process the ingredients well, until you get a homogeneous mixture..
- In a large bowl, sift in the flower and add the sugar, vanilla and baking powder. Stir them well with a wire whisk. If you don't have a whisk, feel free to use a fork or a spoon..
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid carrot mix..
- Stir the ingredients well with a spatula until you get a nice homogeneous mixture..
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and pour in the batter..
- Bake on 180°C/356°F for about 20 minutes. Every oven is a bit different so I suggest you check the cake every 10 minutes so you don't burn it. You can do so by sticking a toothpick in the center until it comes out clean..
- After you get the cake out of the oven, let it cool down for about 30 minutes so it will be easier to cut later..
- Cut off the edges (I always eat them) and then cut the rest in a 4×4 grid, so you get 16 small squares..
This scrumptious dessert is what everyone will be raving about! This truly is one of the best carrot cake recipes alone with whole wheat carrot cake bread, frosted carrot cake cookies or carrot cake cupcakes. All my carrot cake recipes are made with fresh carrots, the perfect blend of spices and a sweet, heavenly frosting! I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour. For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend.