Carrot Cake with Lime Glaze. Carrot Cake with Lime Glaze is a twist on the classic carrot cake without the heavy cream cheese buttercream frosting. Don't get me wrong, I adore buttercream. But there is a place at the table for lighter cakes too.
The lime glaze adds a tangy kick. This cake tastes great with its sweet and sour flavors. Line a standard cupcake tin with paper liners. You can cook Carrot Cake with Lime Glaze using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake with Lime Glaze
- You need 225 grams of Flower.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need of Koek en speculaas kruiden.
- You need 500 grams of Carrot.
- Prepare 200 grams of Brown sugar.
- It’s 150 grams of Sunflower oil.
- It’s 95 grams of Unsalted pistache nuts.
- It’s 185 grams of Cream cheese.
- Prepare 150 grams of Powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 of Lime.
- You need 3 of Eggs.
Whisk together the flours, psyllium husk, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices. Add flour mixture and whisk just until smooth. Stir in carrots and scrape batter into pan. Add more lemon juice as needed.
Carrot Cake with Lime Glaze step by step
- Heat oven to 180C..
- Put baking papier in spring cake tin.
- Mix flower and baking powder in bowl and add Salt and kruiden.
- Rasp carrot.
- Mix sugar, Eggs,l and oil in second bowl. When mixed add carrot and nuts. Finally put together with flower mixture and mix..
- Put mixture in cake tin and place in oven for 45 minutes..
- Let the cake cool down untill room temperature..
- Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar together and wash lime. Rasp lime skin and squeeze it. Put lime rasp on the side. Mix juice in cream mixture..
- Put Cream mixture on top of cake and sprinkle lime rasp on top..
- Bon appetit !.
In a medium bowl, mix together mascarpone, cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and lime zest and juice. Spread mixture over top of cooled cake and sprinkle with chopped walnuts. Sift flour, carb soda, mixed spice, ginger and salt into a bowl. Make a well add eggs, oil and vanilla. Beat well with a wooden spoon until thoroughly mixed.