Banana Bread. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour. When life gives you bananas, it's time to make banana bread. You can have Banana Bread using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Banana Bread
- It’s 250 g of Flour (2 Cups).
- Prepare 150 g of Sugar (3/4 Cup).
- Prepare 4 of Over Ripe Bananas.
- It’s 2 of Large Eggs.
- It’s 80 g of Oil or 1/2 Cup Margarine/butter.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda.
- It’s 30 g of Plain Youghurt (2 Tablespoon).
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Flavour.
- You need 1/8 Teaspoon of Cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare of Coconut Flakes & Dried Mixed Fruits (Garnish).
Bake bananas into sweet loaves of goodness, with nuts, chocolate, or plain and delicious. Store overly-ripe bananas in the freezer until you have enough to make bread. Cut up thick slices of the bread and freeze them for a lunch box treat or for an on-the-go breakfast, toasted and spread with peanut or almond butter. Banana Bread Tips How do I quickly ripen bananas?
Banana Bread instructions
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees centigrade. Grease the loaf pan or foil plate. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together in a bowl and set aside. Use a fork or potato masher to mash the bananas..
- Mix sugar, eggs, oil, flavour and yoghurt using a mixer or a hand whisk until light and frothy..
- Add the flour gradually and mix on low if using a mixer. You can also fold in the flour with a spatula..
- Add the mashed bananas and fold in..
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and garnish with your favourite toppings..
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or till a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool down completely before serving..
- NOTE: You will need overripe bananas in order to achieve a lovely moist texture and abundant aroma. If your bananas are just ripe and not overripe, no need to wait. Place the bananas in a baking tray in a 350 degrees Fahrenheit preheated oven for 10 minutes or until the skin turns brown-black. Allow to cool. Then mash. If you are using butter or margarine, cream with sugar until light and fluffy before adding the wet ingredients, followed by the dry ingredients then the mashed bananas..
When baking with bananas, use ones that are ripe (or even overripe) to yield the best flavor. If you have a day or two to spare, place bananas and an apple, avocado, peach or tomato in a brown paper bag and keep on your counter. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together banana, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. The best bananas to use for banana bread are those that are over-ripe.