Banana Bread. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour. When life gives you bananas, it's time to make banana bread. You can have Banana Bread using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Banana Bread
- You need 3 of large ripe bananas.
- It’s 100 gm of unsalted butter (8tbsp).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1 tsp of Baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 3/4 cup of walnuts chopped.
Bake bananas into sweet loaves of goodness, with nuts, chocolate, or plain and delicious. Store overly-ripe bananas in the freezer until you have enough to make bread. Cut up thick slices of the bread and freeze them for a lunch box treat or for an on-the-go breakfast, toasted and spread with peanut or almond butter. To keep banana bread moist, let it cool completely on a cooling rack.
Banana Bread step by step
- Butter and egg should be in room temperature. If using salted butter omit adding extra salt. You can completely use wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour..
- Grease a bread loaf pan. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Mash the bananas with a fork..
- In a bowl sieve all-purpose flour and wheat flour. To this add baking soda, salt and mix well..
- In a mixing bowl whisk softened butter and powdered sugar until creamy..
- Add the eggs and whisk until combined. Add mashed bananas and whisk to combine..
- Add the dry ingredients to the batter and mix well. Mix in vanilla extract and walnuts..
- Pour the batter into loaf pan and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 50 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean. Rest the banana bread for 10 mins and then remove onto a wire rack to cool. Moist banana bread is ready to be savour..
Learn more on storing your favorite baked goods. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together banana, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. The beauty of this banana bread recipe is you don't need a fancy mixer! A mixing bowl, a fork to whisk the eggs and a sturdy spoon to mix the batter are all you need.