Carrot Cake & Owwy Goowwy Cream Cheese Icing. Different from traditional carrot cakes, this cake is extremely moist and flavorful and is topped with a buttermilk glaze while still warm. Try it and I think you will agree that it is the best!! My fiance LOVES carrot cake, and yesterday was his birthday so I decided to look for a carrot cake recipe.
Says that it rivals his favorite carrot cake recipe. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. You can cook Carrot Cake & Owwy Goowwy Cream Cheese Icing using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake & Owwy Goowwy Cream Cheese Icing
- You need 2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder & baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon & salt.
- Prepare 3 cup of grated carrots.
- Prepare 1 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/3 of cream cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 of butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 cup of powdered sugar.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour.
Carrot Cake & Owwy Goowwy Cream Cheese Icing step by step
- Add all dry ingredients into bowl then add eggs, carrots, & vegetable oil to dry mix. Preheat oven to 323°F.
- Mix with electric mixer on high for 2 minutes.. then pour into baking dish and bake for 50-60 minutes or until cooked through out…
- To cheek cake pull from oven at about 45- 50 minutes and pock center with tooth pick if tooth pick comes out clean it is cooked if it comes out wet cook for another 10 or so minutes…
- To make cream cheese icing… place cream cheese into bowl let soften.
- When cream cheese is soft add soft butter and vanilla extract to cream cheese mix well while slowly adding 2 cups of icing sugar.
- Make sure you have no lumps in the icing… when cake is COOLED you can then put the icing on the cake and enjoy!!.
- Quick tip.. I found it easier to remove the cake from the baking dish to a wire rack for cooling and for icing afterwards :).
For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend. Baking soda helps the cake to rise. Salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract make the cake taste amazing. Oil keeps the cake nice and moist — any neutral flavored oil will work. Add the carrots and nuts, and mix until just blended.