Banana Bread. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour. When life gives you bananas, it's time to make banana bread. You can have Banana Bread using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Banana Bread
- Prepare 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of light brown sugar.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sour cream / Greek yogurt.
- It’s 2 cups of mashed bananas (about 4 large ripe bananas).
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Bake bananas into sweet loaves of goodness, with nuts, chocolate, or plain and delicious. Store overly-ripe bananas in the freezer until you have enough to make bread. Cut up thick slices of the bread and freeze them for a lunch box treat or for an on-the-go breakfast, toasted and spread with peanut or almond butter. Banana Bread Tips How do I quickly ripen bananas?
Banana Bread instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F/ 175°C. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray and set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside..
- In a large mixer bowl fitted with the whisk attachment, add the butter and brown sugar and beat together until light in color and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until just combined before adding the next..
- Add the sour cream / yogurt mashed bananas and vanilla extract and mix util combined. Add the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Do not over mix or you’ll end up with tough banana bread. Add the batter to the prepared pan and bake for 60-65 minutes. To test for doneness, a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf should come out clean..
- Remove loaf from the oven and allow to cool completely in the pan. Slice and serve when ready. Store the bread in an air tight container at room temperature for 3-5 days, or in the fridge for up to a week..
When baking with bananas, use ones that are ripe (or even overripe) to yield the best flavor. If you have a day or two to spare, place bananas and an apple, avocado, peach or tomato in a brown paper bag and keep on your counter. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together banana, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. The best bananas to use for banana bread are those that are over-ripe.