CARROT CAKE. Different from traditional carrot cakes, this cake is extremely moist and flavorful and is topped with a buttermilk glaze while still warm. Try it and I think you will agree that it is the best!! My fiance LOVES carrot cake, and yesterday was his birthday so I decided to look for a carrot cake recipe.
Says that it rivals his favorite carrot cake recipe. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. You can cook CARROT CAKE using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of CARROT CAKE
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of mashed bananas.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of grated carrots.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped nuts (optional).
- Prepare of dry.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 3 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 3 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate soda.
- You need of wet.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of cooking oil.
- Prepare 5 of eggs.
- You need of icing.
- You need 100 grams of softened butter.
- You need 2 cup of icing sugar.
- You need 100 ml of cream cheese (plain).
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract (or essence).
- It’s 1 of carrots, lemon rind or chopped nuts for garnish.
- Prepare tsp of vanilla essence.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Carrot cake is moist, rich in flavor and melts in your mouth!
CARROT CAKE step by step
- Preheat oven 180°C. Cream eggs and sugar together.
- Add oil, carrots, nuts, and bananas.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Pour into Prepared cake tins 20×20 for square or standard round cake tin. Don't over fill as it rises quite alot. Bake for 30 minutes or until centre is dry when you stick skewer in it.
- For the icing…wait for the cake to cool down.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add cream cheese and mix.
- Add vanilla essence and mix.
- Grate carrot and lemon rind or nuts to garnish.
This scrumptious dessert is what everyone will be raving about! This truly is one of the best carrot cake recipes alone with whole wheat carrot cake bread, frosted carrot cake cookies or carrot cake cupcakes. All my carrot cake recipes are made with fresh carrots, the perfect blend of spices and a sweet, heavenly frosting! I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour. For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend.