Spiced Banana Bread Muffins. My trick to getting the banana bread muffins nice and moist is cooking the bananas on the stove. (Make sure you are using ripe bananas)! Here is what you will do: mash bananas, place in a large skillet on the stove over medium heat and add in brown sugar, Captain Morgan rum, and butter. I have all of the measurements listed out below.
In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine the egg, egg substitute, bananas, applesauce and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. In your mixer, combine, bananas, nutmeg, cinnamon, eggs, melted butter and sugar. You can have Spiced Banana Bread Muffins using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spiced Banana Bread Muffins
- It’s 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 4 medium of to large VERY ripe bananas (plenty of brown and very soft).
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 large of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cloves.
- You need 1/3 cup of light olive oil or canola oil.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add to banana mixture and mix to combine. Fill muffin cups, and divide crumb topping evenly over muffins. Set aside; In medium bowl attached to a stand mixer, mix together the sugar, oil, eggs, bananas and vanilla until combined.
Spiced Banana Bread Muffins step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour one 12 count muffin tin as well as the inner 6 wells of a second tin (or a 6 count tin lol). Can also spray with Pam for Baking as a shortcut. Note: You can line with paper liners instead, but sometimes muffins stick to the paper so I prefer the greasing method..
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside..
- Place peeled bananas, eggs, sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves into a large bowl. Mash everything together until well combined. It will be lumpy and that is fine. Note: You can use the back of a large fork or wooden spoon for this, but I prefer a handheld potato masher. Works perfectly every time..
- Add oil and vanilla to liquid mix and vigorously stir about 10 times around. The oil won't blend in completely at this time and this is fine. Add all of flour mixture to bowl at one time. Stir and fold gently into liquid mix until just combined but no dry clumps remain (the oil should now be blended in). Do not over stir..
- Fill each greased well of muffin tins about 2/3 full until batter is all used up. Place in oven and bake 18 – 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a couple muffins comes out clean. Mine took a full 20..
- Let muffins cool in tins for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an air tight container. Will keep stored in the fridge for about a week or on the counter a few days..
- Alterations: To make into a loaves grease and flour 2, 8×3" loaf pans, divide batter equally into each and bake at 350°F for 45 minites to 1 hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Can also make these "low fat, low cholesterol" by replacing the eggs and oil with unsweetened applesauce. Sub 1/4 c per egg and equal exchange for the oil (1/3 c). Make as you would with the original ingredients..
Mash the bananas, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and cloves together in a large bowl with a fork until well combined. Stir in the melted butter and vanilla extract, then fold in the flour mixture until a batter forms and no dry lumps remain. Pour into the prepared loaf pans. Ripe bananas and apple sauce give them loads of flavor while keeping fat to a minimum. These banana muffins are soft, buttery, and spiced with cinnamon.