Sweet Baby Rae's BBQ Chicken.
You can have Sweet Baby Rae's BBQ Chicken using 3 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet Baby Rae's BBQ Chicken
- It’s 500 g of Chicken Thighs.
- Prepare 500 g of Chicken Drumsticks.
- You need 1 bottle (510 g) of Sweet Baby Rae's Honey BBQ Sauce (mostly found in Tesco's) or any BBQ sauce available.
Sweet Baby Rae's BBQ Chicken step by step
- You will want to marinate the chicken at least 3 hours before cooking. I love to marinate them in the morning before work, and cook them that night! Depending on the chicken's expiry date, they can stay in the marinade up to 48 hours before they need to be cooked..
- TO MARINADE: Remove the chicken thighs and drumsticks from the packaging. Lift up the skin of the chicken and cut 2 or 3 small slivers into the chicken, then fold the skin back over the chicken. Be carefully to not remove the skin completely..
- Place all of the chicken in either a bowl or resealable food bag (I prefer the bag!). Pour between 300g – 500g of BBQ sauce into the bowl or bag. It might seem like a lot, but trust me, the more the merrier!.
- Make sure that all of the chicken gets covered in marinade either by shaking the bag (it helps if you take all of the air out of the bag and seal it before shaking), or mixing the chicken in the bowl..
- Once the chicken is covered, place it in the refrigerator until you are ready to cook! Be sure the bowl is covered in cling film/tinfoil/paper towel..
- TO COOK: Preheat the oven to 190 (or 170 fan oven). Once ready, place the chicken on a standard baking sheet covered in baking parchment or tinfoil. Bake on the middle-low rack of the oven for 40-45minutes (checking it every once in a while to make sure it's not burning), or until the juices run clear and the chicken isn't pink..
- Enjoy! I really enjoy this chicken with a side of asparagus and couscous, but it can be paired with any yummy side dish of vegetables and carbs..