Mama's Carrot Cake. Sift dry ingredients together into mixing bowl Add oil and blend together by hand Add eggs then beat with mixer Add carrots then mix together on low speed. The mixture will be very thick-need strong mixer. The difference between this and other carrot cakes is the fact that the carrots are pre-cooked instead of raw.
This recipe from Chapel Hill, North Carolina, restaurateur Mildred "Mama Dip" Council is one of the best carrot cakes we've tested. The cake layers can be made ahead and frozen up to one month. The moistness and flavor of this Mama Dip's Carrot Cake can't be beat. You can have Mama's Carrot Cake using 21 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mama's Carrot Cake
- You need of Carrot Cake(wet ingredients).
- It’s 3 large of eggs.
- You need 1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- You need of Carrot Cake(dry ingredients).
- It’s 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Star Ingredients.
- It’s 1 lb of carrots.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped raisins or other(your choice).
- Prepare 2 piece of crystalized ginger.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped pecans or other(your choice).
- You need of Icing of the Carrot Cake.
- It’s 8 oz of cream cheese.
- Prepare 2 cup of confectioner sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of whipping cream.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
This carrot cake has a super creamy cream cheese frosting and the crunch of toasted walnuts. This really is the best carrot cake and it makes a wonderful Easter dessert. For the carrots, peel them first, then grate them. I used my food processor to make it nice and quick, but you can just use any old cheese grater.
Mama's Carrot Cake instructions
- Prepare Bowl #1 and begin adding the following ingredients: These ingredients will be your wet ingredients!.
- After you've finished step 1, mix all the wet ingredients with a mixer(of course).
- Prepare Bowl #2 with the following ingredients: These will be your dry ingredients!.
- Hope you have a third bowl! Now, you will prepare a mix of the following ingredients: These ingredients will be your star ingredients!.
- We must shred the carrots! So with a grater, grate the carrots individually. After you're finished, toss the grated carrots into Bowl #3. Don't forget to clean and peel the carrots!:).
- Chop the raisins and pecans(or other, if you prefer). Then, throw into bowl..
- To finish up this bowl, chop the crystalized ginger. The ginger might stick together, but eh…who cares?.
- Now, you will mix Bowl #1, 2, and 3. Typically, toss all ingredients into the largest bowl..
- Mix/Stir all ingredients in bowl. (If it looks like cheese soup, you're doing it right!).
- Now grab two 9-inch circular baking pans. At this time, preheat your oven too 400°..
- Add enough oil to smear every inch of the pan with your finger..
- Add flour to coat the pan. *Pour flour and gently tap the bottom of the pan, so that flour spreads over pan. This should coat whole pan!.
- Pour Carrot Cake batter into both pans..
- Place Carrot Cake batter into preheated oven, bake in 400° for 10 minutes. Start the timer!.
- After 10 minutes, turn the oven down to 350° and bake for 30-35 minutes..
- Let's begin the frosting! You'll need the following ingredients: These will be your Icing of the Carrot Cake ingredients!.
- Mix together with mixer. Don't forget to lick the spoon;).
- After 30-35 minutes, your Carrot Cake should be done. *If you're not sure the cake is ready, insert a knife. If no batter shows up on the knife's blade…it's done!:).
- After you've taken the Carrot Cake out of the oven, let cool for 10 minutes. You don't want the icing to melt:(.
- After Carrot Cake is cooled, you can start frosting the two-layered cake! Make sure you get on-top, and in-between..
- You're all finished and the Carrot Cake is ready to serve!:).
Delicious carrot and pecan cake, covered in cream cheese frosting. Pastel de Zanahoria con trozos de nuez en su interior y cubierto de un betún con queso crema. This Carrot Cake recipe starts with a spice cake mix and ends in pure delight. We use real carrots in our carrot cake and finish with a delicious cream cheese icing! This ridiculously simple carrot cake uses a box of spice cake mix and fresh carrots to create magic.