Canadian Carrot Cake with Strawberry touch. Great recipe for Canadian Carrot Cake with Strawberry touch. I was wondering what is the right recipe for carrot cake which is not tough and with almost no visible texture. Than I discovered this delighting Canadian recipe.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. Stir in pineapple, coconut and nuts. You can have Canadian Carrot Cake with Strawberry touch using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Canadian Carrot Cake with Strawberry touch
- Prepare 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 200 grams of granulated sugar.
- It’s 3 piece of eggs.
- You need 180 ml of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 cup of grated carrots.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pekan nuts / walnuts.
- Prepare 1 cup of canned strawberries.
- It’s 250 grams of Mascarpone / cream cheese.
- Prepare 60 ml of butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of icing sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Greek yoghurt.
Trace out a maple leaf shape in center of cake with a toothpick; use points of strawberry slices to create points of maple leaf. Directions In a large bowl, beat the carrots, sugar, oil and eggs until well blended. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually beat into carrot mixture until blended. Carrot cake has got to be up there with chocolate and vanilla when it comes to the most-popular, go-to, crowd-pleasing cakes.
Canadian Carrot Cake with Strawberry touch instructions
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease metal cake pan and set aside..
- Mix together eggs,sugar,salt,nutmeg,vanilla, cinnamon..
- Slowly add flour. If the mixture gets tough add 1/2 of vegetable oil and continue adding flour and whisking..
- Add baking powder and baking soda..
- Add canned strawberries and mix them into the dough. From this point you might need a spatula..
- Slowly continue adding grated carrots and walnuts..
- Bake at 180°C for 25-30 minutes..
- For the cream cheese icing beat Mascarpone,butter,icing sugar and yoghurt. After cooling down the cake cover it with icing and put into a fridge for a night..
Carrots add sweetness and a touch of earthiness to carrot cake. In a large bowl combine flour through salt. Fresh lemon butter cake layered with lemon curd lightened with whipped cream, fresh strawberries and strawberry preserves. Frosted with lemon cream cheese icing and dusted on the sides with crumbled walnut biscotti. Canadian Living's all-time favourite dessert recipes.