Mothers' homemade chicken soup. Place the chicken, giblets, water, salt, onion, peppercorns, three celery ribs, all the celery leaves and three carrots in a soup kettle. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces; add to broth with remaining ingredients except noodles. Add broth and water to cover.
Boil chicken, celery, bay leaves and onion in water until tender. Remove chicken from broth and cool. Remove bay leaves and add carrots, noodles, salt and pepper. You can cook Mothers' homemade chicken soup using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mothers' homemade chicken soup
- You need 2 quarts of water.
- You need 1 of whole chicken fryer.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of white rice.
- It’s 1 box of Herb-ox chicken seasoning (8 pkg in box).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of parsley flakes.
- Prepare 1 cup of egg noodles (or what you like).
- You need 1 can of corn.
- Prepare 1 of S&P to taste.
Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Your basic chicken soup recipe found in most general cook books. It is the old reliable of chicken soup recipes. I appreciated the hint to cut the carrots, celery and onions in half.
Mothers' homemade chicken soup step by step
- Cook 1 whole chicken fryer in 2 qts water with little salt for 60 min. Remove chicken from pot. Strain water and put back in pot..
- Remove skin and bones and set meat aside. Cut meat into chunks..
- Add 1 1/2 cups white rice and 1 whole box Herb-ox chicken seasoning (8 pkg in a box). 1/4 tsp onion powder and 1 tsp parsley flakes into water. Bring to a boil and then lower heat and cook for 8 min..
- Add 1 cup egg noodles. Cook all until tender, about 8-10 min..
- Add 1 can of corn and the chicken that you've cut into chunks. Stir to heat thru. Now its time to eat..
I had always cut them up in small pieces, and then when I would drain the broth, it was messy to try to retrieve the cut up veggies to put them back in the broth. I'm Grandma and I've been making homemade chicken soup my whole life. My family says I make the most delicious chicken soup this side of the Mississippi and North of Boca! It was my mother who first taught me to cook in her tiny kitchen. That's where I learned the secret of making delicious chicken soup.