Carrot Cake with cream cheese frosting. In a large bowl, combine grated carrots, flour, white sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. It's dotted with sweet carrots and a hint of cinnamon. The fluffy buttery frosting is scrumptious with chopped walnuts stirred in.
Spread with a slightly rounded cup of the frosting. Top with the second cake layer, right side up. Spread the top and sides with. You can have Carrot Cake with cream cheese frosting using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake with cream cheese frosting
- It’s 3 cup of grated carrots.
- It’s 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 cup of white sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 4 of large eggs.
- You need 1 cup of cooking oil.
- You need 1/2 can of pineapple crushed with the juice.
- You need 3/4 cup of chopped pecans.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It’s of for cream cheese frosting.
- You need 1 packages of cream cheese.
- Prepare 2 cup of icing sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter softened.
- It’s 2 tsp of fresh lemon juice / vanilla extract.
Cream cheese frosting is the absolute best frosting for carrot cake. The slight tang of cream cheese frosting compliments this spiced carrot cake perfectly. I like my cream cheese frosting to be heavy on the cream cheese and not overly sweet. Moist and light, with just the right amount of spice.
Carrot Cake with cream cheese frosting step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour pan..
- In large bowl combine grated carrots, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, pecan, and cinnamon..
- Mix eggs for a minute, pour sugar in, pineapple crushed, vanilla, and carrots mixed. Spoon batter into prepared pan..
- Baked in the preheated oven for 40 to 60 mnt, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean..
- To make frosting : combine cream cheese, and butter mix well. Add icing sugar, and lemon into the bowl, beat until smooth..
Filled and iced with a sweet and tangy frosting, for a classic combination that's perfect for spring! It's carrot cake with cream cheese frosting time! Level the tops of each cake with a knife or cake leveler. Place the other cake on top and use the remaining frosting to frost the top and sides of the cake. Top with pecans or other toppings of choice if desired.