Granny's Carrot Cake. Different from traditional carrot cakes, this cake is extremely moist and flavorful and is topped with a buttermilk glaze while still warm. Try it and I think you will agree that it is the best!! Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually beat into sugar mixture.
Let cake layers cool while the icing is made. Sugar(s) A lot of carrot cake recipes will use fancy brown sugars but I personally prefer to use a mixture of white and brown sugar. The light brown sugar gives the cake a more caramel flavour. You can have Granny's Carrot Cake using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Granny's Carrot Cake
- It’s 2 cup of All purpose flour.
- You need 2 cup of White sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of Baking soda.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 cup of Vegetable oil.
- You need 3 cup of Grated carrots.
- Prepare 4 of Eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 8 oz of Cream cheese (room temp).
- You need 1 stick of Butter.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 box of Confectioners sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of Chopped pecans.
Grandma's Old Fashioned Carrot Cake is a deliciously classic recipe full of carrots, cinnamon, pecans, and raisins. It is sweetened with a little crushed pineapple, which also keeps the cake moist and tender. The Cream Cheese Buttercream is my favorite. With only FOUR INGREDIENTS it is easy to whip up and is super delicious.
Granny's Carrot Cake step by step
- Set oven to bake at 350°F.
- Mix dry ingredients for cake batter in large bowl.
- Add vegetable oil and blend by hand.
- Slowly beat in each egg.
- Add grated carrots and continue mixingon low speed until thoroughly mixed.
- Bake in 2 3"x9" cake pans for 30 minutes or until cooked (toothpick comes out clean).
- For frosting, mix butter and cream cheese, both at room temperature, together.
- Slowly add in confectioners sugar until all is well mixed in.
- Mix in vanilla extract and pecans.
- Once cakes are cooled, frost away!.
Leave in pan and set on cooling rack, or invert onto wire rack to cool. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Using a hand mixer, blend until combined. This moist carrot cake recipe I'm sharing with you today is one of my grandma Barb's most requested carrot cake recipes. She gave this to me a long time ago and I haven't made it in years.