Banana Nut Muffins. Mix the banana-sugar mixture into the flour mixture until combined. Fold in the nuts and the mashed bananas with a rubber spatula. Spoon the batter into the muffin tins to fill them about halfway.
They're the best banana nut muffins I've found. In a medium bowl, beat egg whites slightly. Stir in bananas, sugar, oil, and lemon peel. You can cook Banana Nut Muffins using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Banana Nut Muffins
- It’s 1 cup of White sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of All-purpose flour.
- You need 2 1/4 tbsp of Vanilla extract.
- You need 5 tbsp of Milk (I used 1%).
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- You need 4 1/2 tbsp of Avocados (mashed and ripe – avocados are used as a butter substitution because they are healthier).
- You need 1 1/2 of 2 bananas (mashed and ripe).
- You need 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 of Plus a half of the 1/4 tsp measuring spoon of SALT.
- It’s 1 cup of Walnut pieces.
Add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Add the soft butter, eggs, and vanilla and beat well, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice. Mix in the dry ingredients just until incorporated. Fold in the nuts if desired with a rubber spatula.
Banana Nut Muffins step by step
- SOOO… This is not a direction but just want to make sure the salt measurement makes sense. Add 1/4 tsp of salt and then fill the SAME measuring spoon (in this case 1/4 tsp) to an estimated half way point. Then add that in.
- Pre-heat oven to 350*.
- Add in wet ingredients into a large bowl. These include the mashed avocados, eggs, vanilla extract, and milk.
- Slowly add in the sugar after the mixture of wet ingredients mentioned above is mixed to your liking.
- Add in the dry ingredients. These include the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Now would be the time to add in ground cinnamon IF DESIRED..
- Mix the ingredients very very well until there are no chunks or anything..
- Peel bananas and mash them. Add them to the bowl right away. Make sure you do not open and mash the banana until you are ready to put them in..
- Fold in the walnuts until they are evenly distributed..
- Grease and flour your cupcake tins.
- Fill cupcake tins 2/3 of the way full and cook the muffins for 45 minutes. If After 45 minutes you muffins are undercooked, continue to cook them, checking every minute or so until the toothpick comes out clean..
Banana nut muffin recipe with ripe bananas, nuts, sugar, egg, flour. If time and waistline permitted, I could wake up every morning to these banana nut muffins! Stir banana mixture into flour mixture just until combined. Mash bananas in a large bowl. Mix in white sugar, melted butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract.