Banana Bread. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour. When life gives you bananas, it's time to make banana bread. You can have Banana Bread using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Banana Bread
- It’s 1 Stick (1/2 Cup) of Butter.
- Prepare 3 of Large Ripe Bananas.
- It’s 2 of Large Eggs.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract.
- It’s 2 Cups of All-Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Granulated Sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Baking Soda.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
Bake bananas into sweet loaves of goodness, with nuts, chocolate, or plain and delicious. Store overly-ripe bananas in the freezer until you have enough to make bread. Cut up thick slices of the bread and freeze them for a lunch box treat or for an on-the-go breakfast, toasted and spread with peanut or almond butter. Banana Bread Tips How do I quickly ripen bananas?
Banana Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray or grease with butter and set aside..
- Add the stick of butter to a large bowl and microwave for 1 minute, or until melted..
- Add the bananas to the same bowl and mash with a fork..
- Add the vanilla extract and egg to the bowl and use the same fork to mash and stir until no yellow streaks of egg remain..
- In a second large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon..
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together with a spatula just until combined..
- Pour the batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean..
- Please don't forget to tag @appetizing.adventure on Instagram with a picture if you try this recipe!.
When baking with bananas, use ones that are ripe (or even overripe) to yield the best flavor. If you have a day or two to spare, place bananas and an apple, avocado, peach or tomato in a brown paper bag and keep on your counter. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together banana, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. The best bananas to use for banana bread are those that are over-ripe.