Granny's chicken soup. Mash the carrots, celery, and garlic and stir them into the soup. Remove the skin and bones from the chicken, chop the meat and add to the soup. (If the chicken meat has completely fallen apart, that's ok, too; just use as is, with bones removed.) Heat and season to taste with additional salt and pepper. From the freshly made chicken stock to the mix of vegetables, this soup is a pot of traditional flavors that have survived the passage of time.
Clean chicken and remove some, but not all, fat. Tie all dill sprigs into a bunch with kitchen string; add to the pot with salt and pepper. Cover with water, a couple of inches above the chicken. You can have Granny's chicken soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Granny's chicken soup
- It’s 2 of skinless chicken breast.
- Prepare 1 of white or yellow onion.
- You need 1 of stalk celery.
- You need 1/2 of bag of carrots.
- Prepare 1 of clove garlic.
- Prepare 3 of cups dry egg noodle.
- You need dash of garlic salt.
- You need tbsp of parsely.
- It’s 3 of Bay leaves.
- You need 1 of ground black pepper to taste.
Bring to a boil and then reduce to a low boil or high simmer. Cook innards in water, then remove innards and cook noodles in the broth or just use water. It has been said that chicken soup is soul food – I completely agree. Most families would have a handy chicken soup recipe of their own.
Granny's chicken soup instructions
- In separate pan fry chicken cut into small bite size pieces.
- In a pot it helps to already have about 12 cups water boiling add vegetables and chicken let cook 30 minutes on med heat or put on a lid and let simmer as long as u like..
- When ur ready add your noodles to ur pot and let cook till they are tender.enjoy.
Also made it easy on myself and picked up a roasted chicken from the grocery store; it's cheap, easy, has great flavor and really makes the soup chock full of chicken. Small head of celery, cleaned and chopped. Add a whole raw chicken to a large stock pot. Add all ingredients, cover and simmer on medium low until it boils. Remove the chicken to a pan.